• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 28 - Bangladesh v England

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blaze 18

Banned
No they'll play NZ in Dhaka

We know how that turned out last time :ph34r:
New Zealand won't top the group.

Haha, everybody in Group A must be rooting hard for that to happen. Hope NZ or someone get to play them if that happens, though. :dry: Shame the minnows in that group couldn't even give us a glimmer of a hope of pulling off any upsets.
Australia will most likely top their group, and Bangladesh's NRR is so poor (thanks to the West Indies game) that the chances of them getting the third spot are remote. I hope England and West Indies go through. No-one should get an easy game in the quarters.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but basically an India win tomorrow means we are in control of our destiny regardless of the result of Ban-SA, if I'm working it out right. Am probably not tbf given its all from memory as I'm on the train.
Even after a loss against India, SA will be controlling their destiny because they are still to play with Bangladesh and Ireland. I do not see SA losing any of those 2 games. If SA win 2 out of remaining 3 games (let's assume Vs. India and Ireland) , they will have 8 points, if Eng win against WI they will have 7 . If BD win against RTD & SA, they will have 8 points.

If SA lose 2 out of the remaining 3 and If BD lose 1 out of their remaining two games then yes England control their destiny.

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
Poor Morgan.

Took the 8+ hour flight to the tournament.Now he will soon take the 8+ hour flight back.

That's more than 16 hours of his life wasted.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree about Tredwell, Yardy, Prior, Wright, but the others I don't, there's nothing better in CC. Why the gutless comment about KP?
Well Taylor and Gale have useful one day records but the trouble is we don't know if they are any better than what we already have. Gale is good opening for Yorkshire though so could solve the problem we have up there.

The only good thing this World Cup is Trott has shown he can play as the anchor man at 3 in tests and one dayers, currently one of the best players in the world. We wait to see if this is just a good run of form or if he is a class act though?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agree about Tredwell, Yardy, Prior, Wright, but the others I don't, there's nothing better in CC. Why the gutless comment about KP?

Well Collys hardly scoring a run age is against him now, Bell has never convinced in this form. Oh and I won't be controversial about KP, but his record in this form is a joke in the last few years.

All very well saying that there's no better in CC, but let's give guys a chance.

My team:

Davies
Cook (cap) (Gale, as mentioned above, but I want a long-time cap, and Cook has improved in this form)
Trott
Hildreth
Bopara
Morgan
Patel (yeah I know he's fat, but who cares at this point)
Swann
Bresnan
Broad
Shahzad

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbh I still believe England lack big hitters, and that's the reason they are so poor in the shorter forms of the game. And I see someone like Cook being mentioned, that's just making things worse imo. England need big hitters, which the other 7 teams have.

KP used to provide that edge to England back when he still had a bit of South African in him, but now he's just spent too much time in England. :ph34r:

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
well well well.................England is indeed the new Pakistan. Very unpredictable.

I am kinda hoping that WI beat them and Bangladesh beat Netherlands.

Kick England out of this world cup.

Jacknife

International Captain
Well Taylor and Gale have useful one day records but the trouble is we don't know if they are any better than what we already have. Gale is good opening for Yorkshire though so could solve the problem we have up there.

The only good thing this World Cup is Trott has shown he can play as the anchor man at 3 in tests and one dayers, currently one of the best players in the world. We wait to see if this is just a good run of form or if he is a class act though?
The one player imo who deserves their shot this summer is Taylor, he's still only 20, but I think he's got what it takes. Not convinced about Gale, I've seen a lot of him and would love to get another Yorkie in the team, but he only averages 30, so I can't see it. Jos Buttler might be worth a go, may be get him in the 20/20 team first, but he looks he really good player.

Jarquis

Looking past the WC

?
Davies
Trott
Bell
Taylor
Morgan
Bopara
Bresnan
Swann
Broad
?

Really lacking options at the top of the order so it'd probably be Strauss still. Need the likes of Hales, Gale, Hamilton-Brown etc to kick on.
Buttler is a shout for the middle order if he can continue his form. Morgan and Bopara can score quickly but the 3-5 aren't particularly well known for explosive batting.
Last bowling slot is meh tstl. Anderson/Shahzad/Tremlett/Woakes.

10 overs from RavBop and Trott each match should be fun. Unless Bell/Trott open and an allrounder comes in.

Jacknife

International Captain
Well Collys hardly scoring a run age is against him now, Bell has never convinced in this form. Oh and I won't be controversial about KP, but his record in this form is a joke in the last few years.

All very well saying that there's no better in CC, but let's give guys a chance.

My team:

Davies
Cook (cap) (Gale, as mentioned above, but I want a long-time cap, and Cook has improved in this form)
Trott
Hildreth
Bopara
Morgan
Patel (yeah I know he's fat, but who cares at this point)
Swann
Bresnan
Broad
Shahzad
The same things that Strauss gets criticized for Cook will too, they're very similar and I would defo have Strauss in the team. I'd rather give Taylor ago before Hildreth and imo he's got more of a chance at Tests but not one day. Patel knows what he has to do and I personally don't think it's much to ask, if you want to play for England. They should have brought Davies here, even if they brought him as a batsmen. Personally I'd keep KP in and see what he does this summer, I thought he's looked better apart from the SA game,I think once he gets a big score it will do him the world of good.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Chill guys, everything will be ok, the trophy is still coming home to the home of cricket

grecian

The same things that Strauss gets criticized for Cook will too, they're very similar and I would defo have Strauss in the team. I'd rather give Taylor ago before Hildreth and imo he's got more of a chance at Tests but not one day. Patel knows what he has to do and I personally don't think it's much to ask, if you want to play for England. They should have brought Davies here, even if they brought him as a batsmen. Personally I'd keep KP in and see what he does this summer, I thought he's looked better apart from the SA game,I think once he gets a big score it will do him the world of good.
Well Hildreth had an outstanding season last year in limited-overs. Oh and Taylor is just ugly to watch, I'll admit I'm slightly biased on this though:ph34r:

TBH, I'm thinking the next World Cup now really, and this is all predicated on us getting dumped out soon, could all change. Yet think it's time for Strauss and KP to retire from this form. That's why I go for Cook over Strauss. Yeah hoping for Buttler to come through, and hopefully others, but they ain't there yet.

Jacknife

International Captain
Well Hildreth had an outstanding season last year in limited-overs. Oh and Taylor is just ugly to watch, I'll admit I'm slightly biased on this though:ph34r:

TBH, I'm thinking the next World Cup now really, and this is all predicated on us getting dumped out soon, could all change. Yet think it's time for Strauss and KP to retire from this form. That's why I go for Cook over Strauss. Yeah hoping for Buttler to come through, and hopefully others, but they ain't there yet.
Like you said, it would be good to give 2 or 3 more players a chance this summer, to give us more quality options and so it stop having guys like, Wright and Tredwell in.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well you'd imagine Strauss would be stepping down from ODIs at some point between the WCs anyway