• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 28 - Bangladesh v England

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cricpk

U19 12th Man
Imagine If somehow England go on to win the World Cup. People will remember one thing

"We finally Won a World Cup in which we lost to a minnow & a semi Minnow :laugh:"

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Imagine If somehow England go on to win the World Cup. People will remember one thing

"We finally Won a World Cup in which we lost to a minnow & a semi Minnow :laugh:"
What's funny is that what India and Pakistan managed together last tournament, England managed to do on their own in this one. Yet, they're still in the WC.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
England do still control their destiny. But no one wants to be in a knock out match before the quarter finals even begin.

They basically need to win 5 matches in a row now to win the World Cup.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If BD beat Saffa we can finish ahead of them right? As long as India beat them? No?

Uggggh should have just won FFS
Haha, Yes, IF SA lost all their remaining games, Yes England will make it to the next round. But what are the chances that SA will lose to BD & IRL ?

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well done Bangladesh. England got what they deserved there for their pathetic attitude throughout.

Part of me hopes we lose to Windies to avoid a shambolic heavy defeat in the knockout rounds.:-O

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha, Yes, IF SA lost all their remaining games, Yes England will make it to the next round. But what are the chances that SA will lose to BD & IRL ?
Yeah but basically an India win tomorrow means we are in control of our destiny regardless of the result of Ban-SA, if I'm working it out right. Am probably not tbf given its all from memory as I'm on the train.

vcs

If Bangladesh qualify, they'll face Australia in the quarter-final. :laugh:
Haha, everybody in Group A must be rooting hard for that to happen. Hope NZ or someone get to play them if that happens, though. :dry: Shame the minnows in that group couldn't even give us a glimmer of a hope of pulling off any upsets.

cnerd123

likes this
**** YEA!!!!!

I knew they could do it all along :ph34r:

Got to love this WC. England can beat South Africa and tie with India, yet lose to Ireland and Bangladesh. Best World Cup Ever.

Jacknife

International Captain
Haha, Yes, IF SA lost all their remaining games, Yes England will make it to the next round. But what are the chances that SA will lose to BD ?
Who know's after SA last game, but you'd fancy SA obviously.
Still don't understand why they went with Prior to open, he'd be behind Bell, Trott and Bopara.
One positive is that Morgan looked like he was in good form. Shahzad, Swann and Bres bowled well, but Jimmy looks shot.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well done Bangladesh. England got what they deserved there for their pathetic attitude throughout.

Part of me hopes we lose to Windies to avoid a shambolic heavy defeat in the knockout rounds.:-O
I honestly believe I would find it reasonably okay if we go out. We need real changes to our squad. Tredwell, Yardy, Prior, Wright should never be near a squad again, IMHO. Question marks over Bell, Colly, KP (gutless), Jimmeh and many of the other regulars. Oh and Strauss's captaincy in this form is awful, need a new captain, but have no idea whom, Cook perhaps:blink:

vcs

Strauss's captaincy was good today. His bowlers let him down bowling way too many wides and drifting on to the pads with the new ball. The total wasn't good enough in the first place. His fields were quite attacking and kept the pressure on, especially when Bangladesh gave them a sniff with the Kayes runout and that was what brought them back into the contest in the first place.

Also, a lot of credit to Bangladesh's bowling, fielding and Shakib's captaincy today. Did a great job restricting England.

Last edited:

Jacknife

International Captain
I honestly believe I would find it reasonably okay if we go out. We need real changes to our squad. Tredwell, Yardy, Prior, Wright should never be near a squad again, IMHO. Question marks over Bell, Colly, KP (gutless), Jimmeh and many of the other regulars. Oh and Strauss's captaincy in this form is awful, need a new captain, but have no idea whom, Cook perhaps:blink:
Agree about Tredwell, Yardy, Prior, Wright, but the others I don't, there's nothing better in CC. Why the gutless comment about KP?