• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 8 - Australia v New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very good ball there from Southee, but I think White made it look even better than it was. He's in truly woeful form.

Burgey

Jeez I love that shot Clarke plays off his pads.

Shame about the cut shots though.

Mike5181

International Captain
He was a bit rusty in the Pakistan series, but yeah, he's right at the top of his game again now. That was sensational.
Can you imagine if he wasn't keeping in ODIs and we had to put up with a Jamie How, Gareth Hopkins combination at number 7 and 8.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha I can sort of see what Nnanden is getting at. What was the point of that little KP-like flick? Keep your foot in the crease ffs.

Nice timing on that from White but one feels that the way he's pushing at the ball, cover and mid off are definitely in play.

Last edited:

_Ed_

25 wides, for the record. A few too many when you're only defending 206.

pup11

International Coach
6000 runs for Clarke!!! Jeez.. I didn't realise that he had scored that many, so unless his form or back let's him down he should easily join the elite ten thousand club.

pup11

International Coach
Me no hate. Ponting just looks dreadful in the middle. And I'm sick of him batting at three.
I think if we had better #3's around then they would have already been batting ahead of Ponting by now, the thing is the man is class and its difficult to keep a champion like him down for too long.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I think if we had better #3's around then they would have already been batting ahead of Ponting by now, the thing is the man is class and its difficult to keep a champion like him down for too long.
Nah they wouldn't. People see moving Ponting down the order as a sign of weakness or something.

When players get older, their reflexes and eye suffer - it's a fact. I reckon if you move him down the order, against a ball that isn't doing as much, he'd be better.

Burgey

Nah they wouldn't. People see moving Ponting down the order as a sign of weakness or something.

When players get older, their reflexes and eye suffer - it's a fact. I reckon if you move him down the order, against a ball that isn't doing as much, he'd be better.
That's true. Maybe he should drop down the order, especially in tests. If he has a similar run of form there to what he's had of late, then we know the game is well and truly up.