• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 8 - Australia v New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike5181

International Captain
Have to say, don't think it's a bad thing that Vettori is giving up the captaincy. Doesn't have any conviction behind him, don't think you'd get overly inspired at any time.
Ross Taylor and Brendon McCullum's performances have been pretty inspiring. Those are our replacement options.

pup11

International Coach
Its pretty hard to criticise Hadds and Watto today but not very impressed with the way in which they got out, Haddin in particular probably gets bored after batting for a while that's probably the only reason he tries to play his trademark outlandish shots.

This is something that has to worked on when we play against spin driven bowling attacks, because for a new middle order batsman in these conditions coming in and starting his innings against spin can be really tough, and that's why its imperative that either Haddin or Watto go on and make big runs whenever they get off to a start.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ryder back into the attack? Interesting decison. We've been bowling tidily in the last few overs. Would definitely have stuck with the full-timers myself.

Howsie

International Captain
Ross Taylor's captaincy at the lower levels was always highly regarded, from what I've seen so far I reckon he'll go alright.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Probably phrased a bit harshly; I'd love it if he came down to play for Glenhaven, but you get what I mean. :p

Always took me as a very uninspiring individual (pretty quiet and meek kind of guy who seems to live his own little world at times) and he does some stupid **** when he bats so he'd hardly lead by example with responsibility. I don't know what he's like tactically so if he's awesome in that department then fair enough, but from what I know about his on-field personality, I wouldn't be thrilled with it.

Mike5181

International Captain
Fair enough.

Maybe he'll bring the lolz back!
Thats actually not a bad point. I mean these players were all pretty gun 18 months ago. Now they are all depressed and intense. Easily broken unlike our teams of the past. Maybe he could bring a more natural attitude back into the team but he would have to regain some personal form.

McCullum still got it with the gloves obviously.

pup11

International Coach
O'Keefe would be grand. Or Lyon.

Not that I think they'll pick either.
Already have an offie in Crayfish who bowls similar to Lyon, whereas O'Keffe brings something more different to the table and not to forget he is pretty handy with the bat as well.

EDIT: Punter gone!!! Almost seems like he and Clarke were having a net session in the middle.