• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 8 - Australia v New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

salman85

International Debutant
He doesn't have style,but he's mighty effective.230 very much on the cards now.Hell,they could even get to 250 if Vettori bats till the end.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Smith and Krejza have bowled way too many overs given what's happened throughout the game. And I know it's probably due to the over-rates, but that makes it even worse.

If you're behind on the over-rates, hustle between balls and overs. If you do it early enough then it should be fine, and if you're still behind at the end then you just cop the **** for it and have a look at why it happened in the post-game review session. The over-rate rule wasn't brought in to dictate the captain's bowling plans; I'm sure the spectators would rather watch 45 overs of proper cricket than 50 overs of contrived crap. It's such a stupid way to get around it; it really grinds my gears. I'd rather see the whole team get life bans than see the captain panic and cheat his way through it with dishonest bowling changes.
Do you not think he'd have told them to do that? They've been through this that many times it's bloody ridiculous.

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
There goes Vettori.And there goes a total of 230.

This will still be a good match IMO.I have a feeling Australia might struggle a bit if Watson goes early.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
And the pacemen finish it off. Can only assume Ponting wanted to give the spinners some time in the middle.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Hate anticlimactic endings. Credit to the Oz bowlers, credit to Mccullum and Dan for pushing us to 200. It's not enough with our bowling though.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From 73-6 you'd have ripped someones arm off for 206 but to lose 2 wickets like that at the end with 5 overs left then they may feel they have underperformed. If they had just batted out picking up 5 an over then they would have had a decent total, as it is Australia should win this easily on a decent batting track.

salman85

International Debutant
Maybe Australia will get lost in the awfulness of how awful Benett's action is and accept defeat because the awfulness is a bit too much.

Last edited:

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Nah I'd definitely play him anyway, but that might just be because I'm massively biased towards him. He bowled well against Zimbabwe IMO. Just needs to get his head right and appreciate his role better.
Yeah. Surely is a massive turner of the ball and can do well in SL etc hopefully.