• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 8 - Australia v New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

salman85

International Debutant
If New Zealand manage to play out the 50 overs (which i don't think they will),they'll get around 220 atleast.That should test Australia.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Gah. Looks like Nate got out just before I started watching. Great recovery job though, that's three fifties in five matches for him iirc. Timmeh! and Dan to bat the 50 now.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know tbf. I haven't really watched. Was more a general comment that whenever the over rate is woeful, he's always in the team.
Yeah, it's bizarre.

Surely the best thing to do would be to have had Tait/Watson back on a while ago and try to wrap the innings up. Then the over rate doesn't matter.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Smith and Krejza have bowled way too many overs given what's happened throughout the game. And I know it's probably due to the over-rates, but that makes it even worse.

If you're behind on the over-rates, hustle between balls and overs. If you do it early enough then it should be fine, and if you're still behind at the end then you just cop the **** for it and have a look at why it happened in the post-game review session. The over-rate rule wasn't brought in to dictate the captain's bowling plans; I'm sure the spectators would rather watch 45 overs of proper cricket than 50 overs of contrived crap. It's such a stupid way to get around it; it really grinds my gears. I'd rather see the whole team get life bans than see the captain panic and cheat his way through it with dishonest bowling changes.

biased indian

International Coach
Ah, goodness me, sky player on a laptop no way lets me see that.

That was confusing me last match too. Thanks guys. :)
the thing is that if a power play in going on the background color will be black (may be dark green) and not red

if its red means its not going on and the number indicates the one that has been used up to now...

Last edited: