• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 8 - Australia v New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Yeah, he's bowled pretty accurately, but he's been dire. If Ponting wanted someone to bowl flat predictable crap outside off, he would've just brought Dussey on. He's on the team based on how he bowls for Tasmania in one day cricket and how he bowled for Australia and Australia A in India in both forms of the game; he needs to go back to that or he'll be completely ineffective here for the rest of the tournament. Disappointing.
Yeah like him but he's been pretty dire lately.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah like him but he's been pretty dire lately.
Nah I'd definitely play him anyway, but that might just be because I'm massively biased towards him. He bowled well against Zimbabwe IMO. Just needs to get his head right and appreciate his role better.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well this is another mismatch then, if NZ manage to make a game of this then Ponting wants shooting for letting them off the hook.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why are Smith and Krejza bowling?

They've more than filled their allotment and balance should be left to Lee, Tait, Johnson and Watto

****ed captaincy

flibbertyjibber

Why are Smith and Krejza bowling?

They've more than filled their allotment and balance should be left to Lee, Tait, Johnson and Watto

****ed captaincy
Basically what i was thinking too, Ponting letting NZ off the hook and giving them a slim chance in the game. The spinners don't really look like getting a wicket so get one of the pacemen on.

Well played McCullum.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
People talk about great ODI captaincy from Ponting. This is most certainly not an example. It is pathetic.

Burgey

Jono, lol Lee you mean. Whenever he plays, for some reason the over rate goes pear shaped. I don't know why, he doesn't seem to waste more time than anyone else, but it happens all the time.

flibbertyjibber

Australia are miles behind in the overrate, that's why.

Lol Ponting once again.
Missed the early part but surely we have had the usual 10 minute sightscreen breakdown and you can use the early wickets going down as an excuse for the slowless....

There are generally enough ways to get round the slow over rates these days.8-)

Spark

Global Moderator
Good 50 from McCullum. Braindead captaincy, must be said. Surely the easiest way to make sure you finish on time is to bowl them out?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono, lol Lee you mean. Whenever he plays, for some reason the over rate goes pear shaped. I don't know why, he doesn't seem to waste more time than anyone else, but it happens all the time.
Was just thinking this. What is he doing for them to get so far behind?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
What's going on with powerplays? It's said P2 on the thing at the bottom of my screen since I switched on about half an hour ago.