• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I should make a video of his run outs over the past 10 years, he has gotten better and better since the 90's, some of his work in 2008 and 2009 was spectacular.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Some good videos their Rob, truly priceless footage. The young, raw Lillee really was quite the sight to watch. He really charged in and let the odd one go at magnificent speed, like during the 4th Ashes Test 1972. The yorker against Pakistan in the 1975 World Cup was one of the great deliveries too. Really drastic how his pace is lower in that one but the swing is greater, than in previous videos. Looks like a far more efficient approach and action in the 1974/5 Ashes series than before, too - he does not charge in as much and climbs into a well sculpted action. Ran in slower as he got older and went far higher in load up. Really interesting to see how the great man changed throughout his career.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pfft, Ponting running out Rantunga cannot be classified as a 'highlight'.

EDIT: Throwing out Graeme Hick in 1998 number 1 for mine, considering the match situation, Hick's form, difficulty, etc.

EDIT2: The last run-out is a decent example of why Greg Blewett was almost as deadly as Ponting in the ring. Wow.

Last edited:

robelinda

Yeah Blewett was a top class fieldsman, couldnt resist putting that piece of Blewett gold in there. But, only just remembered I forgot his greatest run out of all time, Adelaide Oval 1999 vs India, ran out Ramesh from the deep mid off boundary with a direct hit, AMAZING run out, cant believe i left that one out.

kingkallis

International Coach
Rob or anyone from England,

I need some help with Kapil Dev's 175 against Zimbabwe. The match was not covered on TV nor is there any video recording of this great innings, because of a strike by technical workers.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was under the impression that Kapil was the only one in possession of the private videotape, which he bought off a person who was on the ground that day, but I remember Rob saying once that people have it.

kingkallis

International Coach
I was under the impression that Kapil was the only one in possession of the private videotape, which he bought off a person who was on the ground that day, but I remember Rob saying once that people have it.
Yeah, I did read it somewhere but now unable to find the source.

I had a small interview with PTI and they are circulating an article about us. The Hindu already published it and that has put me under some pressure of having the highlights.

Last edited:

robelinda

Ive seen the tape, or parts of it, about 15 years ago, but at the time I had no idea it was rare or whatever, just a grainy crappy looking innings. Actually, I even bought a copy once unknowingly from a guy off ebay in India, I actually bought a different match but the 175 was at the end of the tape, and I didnt pay much attention to it. There was a note on the video that said 'check out the great innings at the end of the tape', but I think I threw the whole thing out as it was garbage quality!!!!!!!

smash84

The Tiger King
I actually bought a different match but the 175 was at the end of the tape, and I didnt pay much attention to it. There was a note on the video that said 'check out the great innings at the end of the tape', but I think I threw the whole thing out as it was garbage quality!!!!!!!
You might have literally thrown KK's hopes down the drain

robelinda

I might still have it, but my collection is so huge it sometimes takes days just to find something thats not hard to find, and can take months to track some random thing down. Its a bit easier since most of my stuff has been transferred to dvd, but i have about 2000 random home taped cricket videos still (aside from having virtually every commercially produced cricket video ever made, way over 1000) which always takes up a lot of room and takes so long to search through to find the stuff on them.

smash84

The Tiger King
I might still have it, but my collection is so huge it sometimes takes days just to find something thats not hard to find, and can take months to track some random thing down. Its a bit easier since most of my stuff has been transferred to dvd, but i have about 2000 random home taped cricket videos still (aside from having virtually every commercially produced cricket video ever made, way over 1000) which always takes up a lot of room and takes so long to search through to find the stuff on them.
WOAH............that is a HUGE collection..........Somebody Rob his collection :).......actually that sounds like a good tag line to your collection........."You have been Robbed"....Howzat for a tagline???? :)

robelinda

Well I wouldnt care so much if the videos got stolen, though how dumb would that be anyway, would take hours to cart them all out! If the dvd's all got destroyed or stolen I would be most sad. Actually, ever since I've moved to dvd's in 2004, Ive had to throw out maybe 3000 dvd's which have just deteriorated over time and were unplayable, even though they were kept in excellent storing conditions and some were never played, but ended up having that dreaded leaking purple dye issue which plagues certain blank dvds. I certainly dont trust dvd's to last forever and I noted a few months back that the life expectancy of a standard dvd is no longer lifetime, more like 10 years. Most of my dvd's have been moved to big hard drives as a result, and I only record to bluray now.

smash84

The Tiger King
Well I wouldnt care so much if the videos got stolen, though how dumb would that be anyway, would take hours to cart them all out! If the dvd's all got destroyed or stolen I would be most sad. Actually, ever since I've moved to dvd's in 2004, Ive had to throw out maybe 3000 dvd's which have just deteriorated over time and were unplayable, even though they were kept in excellent storing conditions and some were never played, but ended up having that dreaded leaking purple dye issue which plagues certain blank dvds. I certainly dont trust dvd's to last forever and I noted a few months back that the life expectancy of a standard dvd is no longer lifetime, more like 10 years. Most of my dvd's have been moved to big hard drives as a result, and I only record to bluray now.
interesting observation