• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 4 - Australia v Zimbabwe

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think a few people on here were hoping too early that the Aussies would lose this. Yes they didn't bat brilliantly but Zim were never going to get near that target, they don't have any decent top class bats who are proven players against the better sides.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Chigumbura already? Dire. Williams FFS!

Zimbabwe selectors have really ground my gears at this World Cup. When Masakadza was left out originally I thought it was stupid, but I accepted it. When Sean Ervine bailed and they still didn't pick him though it was officially a farce, particularly given the hack they brought in. Now the batting order even from who they've picked is terrible. All the batsmen are batting too high bar Williams who is batting far too low and should be at three.

Uppercut

I think a few people on here were hoping too early that the Aussies would lose this. Yes they didn't bat brilliantly but Zim were never going to get near that target, they don't have any decent top class bats who are proven players against the better sides.
Yeah I was never especially hopeful. Below par batting performance from Australia but having three express bowlers makes them fairly Associate-proof (or in this case, Zimbabwe-proof).

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
Any of you hacks want to put up the score for us poor chaps stuck in office in the rain with cricinfo blocked? Hows Tait doing by the way?

Spark

Global Moderator
Any of you hacks want to put up the score for us poor chaps stuck in office in the rain with cricinfo blocked? Hows Tait doing by the way?
4/44. Tait got one with a fullish ball on middle but has otherwise been very average.

Spikey

i didn't think that was plumb at all in real time. in slow motion it's clear that's hit him on middle but in real time I thought it hit him on off. I wouldn't've given it either.

Spark

Global Moderator
i didn't think that was plumb at all in real time. in slow motion it's clear that's hit him on middle but in real time I thought it hit him on off. I wouldn't've given it either.
That would've made it even more plumb. It looked stone dead live even on the dodgy stream.