• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 4 - Australia v Zimbabwe

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah for sure. Australia batted poorly - they've almost put the game to bed considering who the opposition is, but they're 15-20 runs below par for the conditions, and that's without even taking the relatively weak and unbalanced attack into consideration.

For all the talk about White and how the batting as a whole played the spinners, though, I think the worst batting came in the first 10 overs against Mpofu. For someone who was bunging down off cutters just short of a length at less than 80mph on a flat pitch, two supposedly aggressive OD openers played him like he was Malcolm Marshall.
Pitch isn't just flat, it's slow IMHO. Seemed to hold up a bit.

Agree they still should have done more though.

pup11

International Coach
Lol Mark Taylor saying Watson's dismissal was wrong, and the umpire should not have overturned it. Why? because he was far down the crease, even though it was hitting the stumps :dry:

Dubious individual he is.
The problem with UDRS is that even if the batsman gets hit on the pads yards down the crease in line with the stumps, the UDRS review could still fetch the bowler the wicket which is something I'm not a big fan of.

Spark

Global Moderator
The problem with UDRS is that even if the batsman gets hit on the pads yards down the crease in line with the stumps, the UDRS review could still fetch the bowler the wicket which is something I'm not a big fan of.
Meh. Why's it matter, the law doesn't say anything about being forward.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Remarkable career stats for Coventry. 1/4 of his runs came in one innings hah.
Australia's bowlers will be too quick for him IMO; he's not an opener by trade so coming up against these bowlers isn't going to help him ease into his new role. Glorious shot just now though so I might be wrong. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Indeed. How dare something be introduced which makes things a little bit harder for batsmen! It's not like every major change and innovation in cricket for the last 20 years has favoured them or anything.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You mean you don't like technology proving that past theories and perceptions were wrong.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Coventry seems to be faring a lot better than I anticipated. I think they need to pitch it up a bit more to him though; the Kenya theory should get him IMO. Taylor looking good as expected though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great shot.

Game on mofos. Especially with the pace of this bowling on this pitch just helping Zimbabwe.

You all got it wrong IMO with this "pace will scare Zimbabwe" stuff.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indeed. How dare something be introduced which makes things a little bit harder for batsmen! It's not like every major change and innovation in cricket for the last 20 years has favoured them or anything.

Doesnt the UDRS only apply if you're within a certain distance from the stumps?

If you're too far down the wicket and the umpire has given you not out, even if it's in line and hitting the stumps it will still be given not out.