• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Better ODI bowler::: McGrath or Wasim

Who is better ODI bowler? Only pure bowling.

• Total voters

Blaze 18

Banned
and you define higher quality by cleaning up the minnows and ending up with a lower average???? The only big match that Waqar played in his WC career was the 96 WC QF against India and his last two overs went for 40 runs which effectively sealed the match and sent Pakistan crashing out. That is some QUALITY.
Better average = Higher quality.

Madan lal and Roger Binny > Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis.

Teja.

Global Moderator
****, I wasn't around/was very young around when the '96 and '92 WC were on and I accidentally looked at the SR instead of the average for the WCS for Wasim and thought it was 36.

I really apologize for this entire pointless debate. Wasim was indeed an exceptional WC bowler.

smash84

The Tiger King
****, I wasn't around/was very young around when the '96 and '92 WC were on and I accidentally looked at the SR instead of the average for the WCS for Wasim and thought it was 36.

I really apologize for this entire pointless debate. Wasim was indeed an exceptional WC bowler.
Ok. Now go and finish your homework like a good boy :p.....

lol........no wonder you thought Wasim was so ordinary.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Yep, for many of us WC '92 is our first WC so some really strong memories of Wasim's awesomeness there. Still remember watching those balls to Lamb and Lewis live on TV. :cool:

smash84

The Tiger King
Yep, for many of us WC '92 is our first WC so some really strong memories of Wasim's awesomeness there. Still remember watching those balls to Lamb and Lewis live on TV. :cool:
True. That delivery to Allan Lamb has to be one of the most unplayable deliveries ever to be bowled in an ODI.

smash84

The Tiger King
It's Kumble who is most under-rated. In fact not rated at all!
So true. Massively under rated. And an excellent bowler. A lot of fans (at least here) seem to have forgotten that he was such an integral part of the indian bowling attack for so long.

akilana

International 12th Man
So true. Massively under rated. And an excellent bowler. A lot of fans (at least here) seem to have forgotten that he was such an integral part of the indian bowling attack for so long.
it's usually Indian fans(not all) who don't rate Kumble.. the rest rate him highly, IMO.
and playing along with sachins, dravids and sehwags don't help

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
it's usually Indian fans(not all) who don't rate Kumble.. the rest rate him highly, IMO.
I remember the days of Abey Kuruvilla and Debashish Mohanty. The only bowler who seemed to cause discomfort in those days was Kumble.......tbf Mohanty did destroy Pakistan a few times in Toronto and elsewhere..........sigh gone are those good old days........

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember the days of Abey Kuruvilla and Debashish Mohanty. The only bowler who seemed to cause discomfort in those days was Kumble.......tbf Mohanty did destroy Pakistan a few times in Toronto and elsewhere..........sigh gone are those good old days........
Worst action ever for a fast bowler.. did get some swing though and bowled some decent stuff in Toronto and in the WC in England.

smash84

The Tiger King
Worst action ever for a fast bowler.. did get some swing though and bowled some decent stuff in Toronto and in the WC in England.
lol.....so true......his action was one of the worst.......marginally better than Ata Ur Rehman I suppose.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually about Kumble can anyone get me his test stats if he had only played till the end of 2007 (the MCG boxing day test against Aus as his last)? I remember he took a major pounding in his last year of cricket which might have made his stats a little worse than they should have been.