• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Steyn as deadly as Lillee?

Is Steyn as deadly as Lillee?

• Total voters

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think you have to be able to make a distinction between the players you enjoy watching and the best players. There's more than one way to skin a cat.
That's cos Tom didn't put the decimal point in the right place. It's therefore understandable Migara wouldn't get his point.
Well I tried....... maybe it is a cultural thing.

I guess I will have to agree to disagree with people about the notion of having a personal set of values.

Is Steyn as deadly as Lillee? Well if everything is taken literally, then neither of them have actually killed anyone so the answer is "yes", but the question has nothing to do with cricket, so the thread should be closed.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King

Is Steyn as deadly as Lillee? Well if everything is taken literally, then neither of them have actually killed anyone so the answer is "yes", but the question has nothing to do with cricket, so the thread should be closed.
I think Lillee was deadlier because he used to love going out for hunting and probably killed a few animals ...not sure about Steyn :ph34r:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Lillee was deadlier because he used to love going out for hunting and probably killed a few animals ...not sure about Steyn :ph34r:
That was Thommo tbf. Used to hunt pigs and when one was wounded, jase after them on foot.

To improve fitness of course :)

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tell us about one sledge you will never forget.
I still remember what Matthew Hayden said in my very first Test against Australia, last year in Perth. I bowled the first ball of the match to Simon Katich and it ran wide and Mark Boucher took it in front of first slip. Hayden turned around and said I was going to be so nervous the whole game that I would be bowling wides for the rest of the game. I shot back saying, "I doubt that I'm the nervous one because I don't have to come a day before the Test and sit in the middle of the pitch and try and visualise where I'm going to score my first runs." It was an interesting chat we had.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

ff_vii_ac

Cricket Spectator
providing steyn stays fit and keeps doing what he's doing now, he will be right there. he can be emotional but hes improved on that greatly, and is now very good at intimidating batsmen and getting under their skin. definately going to over take lillee for wickets and gonna be a greater force to reckon with, the more and more he plays

Leg Cutter

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
providing steyn stays fit and keeps doing what he's doing now, he will be right there. he can be emotional but hes improved on that greatly, and is now very good at intimidating batsmen and getting under their skin. definately going to over take lillee for wickets and gonna be a greater force to reckon with, the more and more he plays
Welcome to the club sir ;)

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Decided I will upload some VINTAGE Lillee, his 8/29 in 1971 at the WACA. Check back in 40 mins......