• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which cricketer has the most complete record?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
VIV does not have a 100 in his home country. His highest score in the windies itself is 82.

And Sachin's average is still just a fraction short of 35 in SA even removing no hopers minnows.

While when we Remove Minnows from VIV's record ,his average in West indies goes down to 32.84.

Though the whole classification of minnows in both era's is a bit dodgy.
33 > 29..

And I don't subscribe to levels in minnows.. Are you telling me Kenya had a decent shout of beating India in the games we played them in RSA? The once they did do it was a HUGE upset... We were bad away in ODIs, but not THAT bad.. :)

And I don't care about 100s when talking about batting averages. I think in terms of 100s, Sachin has the best case.. He has 100s in ODIs in all test nations, right?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
0/0 is indeterminate. silentstriker to swoop in with a lecture on basic calculus.

MrIncredible

U19 Cricketer
i am very very conflicted about choosing between sachin and viv as the best ODI bat of all time. cant decide to save my life. but i think viv had a more complete record of the two in the spirit of this thread.

combining ODIs and tests, I think, sachin, hadlee, richards, mcgrath, murali, gilchrist, ponting, kallis, warne, g.chappell, miandad, imran, akram and s.waugh will compete for the top 10. you cant be sure who would make it though. kallis should probably get the top spot.
Longevity aside, I really think u could add Joel Garner to that list as well

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
0/0 is indeterminate. silentstriker to swoop in with a lecture on basic calculus.
Nah... I don't wanna bury my head into the whole "if there were no bananas and nobdoy to distribute them to, will each one's share still be one?" debate.. I will stick to "divide anything by zero giving infinity" thanks.. :)

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Nah... I don't wanna bury my head into the whole "if there were no bananas and nobdoy to distribute them to, will each one's share still be one?" debate.. I will stick to "divide anything by zero giving infinity" thanks.. :)
You should be glad you didn't say that in a maths class :p

sachin200

U19 12th Man
Sachin's TEST record till 2003 World Cup

Record in between 2003 & 2007 WC

Record Since 2007 WC

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Looks like you failed maths in the past and today maths has failed you. Group hug? Not too flash in maths myself either.:p