• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW'S 50 Best ODI Cricketers of all time (voting now open)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Will send within the next 12 hours or so. Please wait. You know you want to, NUFAN.
:laugh: Within 12 hours is fine mate, I'll be busy in the morning, so I will not have time to go online on here until probably lunch time Saturday, which is still 14 hours away here in the middle of Australia.

I'm going to start a new thread for the countdown, is everyone happy for the entire countdown to go in the one thread?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
i think it is a good idea to have one thread.
Yeah same really. Before each set of names, I'll do a re-cap of the positions already named, so if someone joins in late they aren't totally lost.

Just on the points scoring, I'm really glad that I made the rule that for players tied on total points, the player who has made the most lists gets ranked higher. Currently there are 3 people tied somewhere in the top 50, but they've all made a different number of lists so far..

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
I just mailed in my list. It was a tough task and so many cricketers were so close to each other that there should have been 1 point separating 10 players i.e. the difference should have been in decimals :).... most of them were that good

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I've received both of your lists, haven't totaled things up yet though, so still accepting lists. We are up to 29 now, is anyone else keen? please email within the next 4 hours.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just saw an old ODI from 96-97, Aus v Pakistan at the MCG. Michael Bevan - bloke was a calculator on legs. Just knew where to hit them, when and how often. Amazing how well he timed chases.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So now we've got 30 thanks to Cevno. Is anyone else still planning on sending me something? If so, let me know, if not, I'll stop this in 20 minutes..

smash84

The Tiger King
Just saw an old ODI from 96-97, Aus v Pakistan at the MCG. Michael Bevan - bloke was a calculator on legs. Just knew where to hit them, when and how often. Amazing how well he timed chases.
The bowler whom I thought Bevan found most difficult was Wasim Akram.

IMO though Bevan was the greatest ODI batsman ever. In that thread in this forum I had voted for Bevan (above the likes of Viv Richards and Tendy)