• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in Australia (2 T20 & 7 ODIs)

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
But that is why we love cricket. It's nothing like "every other sport", and it shouldn't try to be.
Yeah I'm not saying it should be, I think tests should always stay as they are, but to have OD and T20 I'm just starting to think is daft. OD and T20 are the same thing created in different eras, and at this point in time T20 just works better, and I'd rather OD get lessen instead of tests, or first class (re: Aus shield) I don't know, just watching T20's seems to fulfill a base cricket urge, out of working hours, in shorter time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Funny thing is, Twenty20 haters used to talk about how it didn't have the ebb and flow, or the momentum shifts, of 'proper' cricket. Yet these two games have swung both ways repeatedly. A bit like Burgey.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Only just logged on, but the opening bowling was the problem, wasn't it? Well as he batted the other day, Woakes' bowling just isn't up to scratch yet.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Brett Lee still one of the finest outfielders of all time. Great hustle. Another thrilling game, England will run this close.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Could all fall apart at the death though. Lee traditionally can't bowl for kittens at the end, and Tait isn't in great form. Would bowl O'Keefe personally.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Yeah I'm not saying it should be, I think tests should always stay as they are, but to have OD and T20 I'm just starting to think is daft. OD and T20 are the same thing created in different eras, and at this point in time T20 just works better, and I'd rather OD get lessen instead of tests, or first class (re: Aus shield) I don't know, just watching T20's seems to fulfill a base cricket urge, out of working hours, in shorter time.
Yeah, but NZ actually can win ODIs, so I don't want them to go. :happy:

Nah, but the ODI experience is so much more fufilling than 2020. It has room for all the ups and downs of real cricket, but in the space of a day. 2020 fills it's niche, but it doesn't have what ODIs have. And I'm pretty sure this is off topic posting, so let's stop here.

Spark

Global Moderator
Gah, would've gone straight to 1st slip. Oh well.

Okay, above his head. Pace on the ball...

Tait sigh. 3 balls for 8...

Whew. Needed that.

Last edited: