• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW'S 50 Best ODI Cricketers of all time (voting now open)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sent. Please revert back in case of any issues regarding the votes.

Also, am I allowed to post my votes in this thread itself before you post the results, if I want to?
weldone, your list contains 24 players on it, can you please add a 25th player and specify if he's in 25th position or not?

I guess I can't really stop you from posting your votes but I prefer if you didn't. Is it for conversation or to convince people to get your players more votes?

I'm allowing voting for a week and once the voting is finished then I would love for you and others to post their top 25 in here.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So far I've counted up voting from 7 people Vic_Orth, Morgie, Bagapath, Noble One, Nnanden, Weldone and Harry Blogger (not sure which user this is) and we've already had over 50 different Cricketers getting a vote which is good to see. :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So I've tallied up the points for the first 9 people to vote so far, some pretty solid ODI players are missing from the top 50 at this stage,..

I'm looking forward to tallying up more votes when they come through, cheers to those who have already emailed.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
How long do we actually have?
I'm giving everyone about a week, so it should close on Saturday.

Hopefully some more people are keen to vote and just haven't had the time over the weekend, because I haven't received anything in the last 24 hours.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Yeah, haven't had the time to draw up my list. Will probably send it in before the end of the weekend.

Spark

Global Moderator
This sucks and rules.

Finding that the only way I can separate between some players is to determine who performed over a longer period. There are some players with incredible 100+ game careers in there, wow.

EDIT: No Michael Clarke, despite his average, itstl... ;)
recent memories are raw

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah, haven't had the time to draw up my list. Will probably send it in before the end of the weekend.
Good stuff.

recent memories are raw
Yeah true. IMO Clarke wouldn't look out of place being one of the 100 players nominated, but someone like Ramnaresh Sarwan who also didn't qualify has a very similar record. I'm sure you would find others who were a bit unlucky..

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sent.

This was the most difficult thing to do. If I did the list again tomorrow, the only thing that would remain the same is my top 3.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sent.

This was the most difficult thing to do. If I did the list again tomorrow, the only thing that would remain the same is my top 3.
Thanks for contributing mate. The list is starting to take shape, although I still think a few Cricketers are a bit lucky to be in the top 50..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just in case the list of qualified players are not on the this last page..

So please email who you think are the 25 best ODI cricketers in order to cwnufan@gmail.com, voting closes on Saturday.

Abbas, Zaheer
Agarkar, Ajit
Afridi, Shahid
Akhtar, Shoaib
Akram, Wasim
Al Hasan, Shakib
Ambrose, Curtly
Amla, Hashim
Anwar, Saeed
Astle, Nathan
Bevan, Michael
Bichel, Andy
Bond, Shane
Border, Allan
Bracken, Nathan
Broad, Stuart
Cairns, Chris
Cairns, Lance
Chappell, Greg
Chatfield, Ewan
Cronje, Hansie
Crowe, Martin
de Silva, Aravinda
Dev, Kapil
de Villiers, AB
Dhoni, MS
Donald, Allan
Fairbrother, Neil
Fleming, Damien
Fleming, Stephen
Flintoff, Andrew
Flower, Andy
Ganguly, Sourav
Garner, Joel
Gayle, Chris
Gibbs, Herschelle
Gilchrist, Adam
Gillespie, Jason
Gough, Darren
Greenidge, Gordon
Hadlee, Richard
Harris, Chris
Harvey, Ian
Hayden, Matthew
Haynes, Desmond
Hogg, Brad
Holding, Michael
Hussey, Michael
Inzaman-Ul, Haq
Jayasuriya, Sanath
Jones, Dean
Kallis, Jacques
Khan, Imran
Kirsten, Gary
Klusener, Lance
Knight, Nick
Kumble, Anil
Lamb, Allan
Lara, Brian
Lee, Brett
Lillee, Dennis
Lloyd, Clive
Marshall, Malcolm
Marsh, Geoff
Martyn, Damien
McCullum, Brendon
McGrath, Glenn
Miandad, Javed
Mills, Kyle
Muralitharan, Muttiah
Mushtaq, Saqlain
Nash, Dion
Ntini, Makhaya
O'Donnell, Simon
Pietersen, Kevin
Ponting, Ricky
Pollock, Shaun
Ranatunga, Arjuna
Razzaq, Abdul
Richards, Viv
Rhodes, Jonty
Sangakarra, Kumar
Sehwag, Virender
Singh, Harbhajan
Singh, Yuvraj
Sobers, Garfield
Streak, Heath
Symonds, Andrew
Tendulkar, Sachin
Tikolo, Steve
Trescothick, Marcus
Turner, Glenn
Twose, Roger
Vaas, Chaminda
Vettori, Daniel
Walsh, Courtney
Warne, Shane
Watson, Shane
Waugh, Mark
Younis, Waqar

Last edited:

slugger

State Vice-Captain
Im astonished ...

no Gavin Larsen..

a quality odi bowler who probably has the best economy rating still.

Im sorry I was away all this time I wouldve nominated him first.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Im astonished ...

no Gavin Larsen..

a quality odi bowler who probably has the best economy rating still.

Im sorry I was away all this time I wouldve nominated him first.
Good bowler and very underrated. Not sure if in the top 100 ODI cricketers of all time though. A quick check of ODI bowlers who have taken > 20 wickets shows that Larsen isn't even in the top 30 for economy rate.

Harris and Larsen such a miserly combo.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
Im suprised hes not considered in the top 100.

sorry I look at that time with rose coloured glasses.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Im suprised hes not considered in the top 100.

sorry I look at that time with rose coloured glasses.
Larsen would be close to the 100, he was a good bowler for sure. Cheers for emailing me your top 25

No waqar younis !!!!..or did i miss him ?
Sorry biased my copy and paste was terrible from before. I forgot Waqar, Warne, Mark Waugh and Watson - It's edited now.

Last edited: