• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best All-Rounder ever

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
Think Lindwall was better than Davidson personally. Wasn't too bad with the bat as well.

smash84

The Tiger King
Be ********, Be very ********. In bold.

:ph34r:
LOL.......hahahahhaha.....sorry bro....didn't see the sig

I thought he was referring to his avatar and mistakenly called it his sig....his avatar is the great khan arguably the greatest all rounder ever.

cricket100%

Cricket Spectator
The more I see of Kallis the more I feel that he is probably the most massively under-rated cricketer ever. I don't see why he shouldn't be treated the same as Gary Sobers.
Even Tendulkar and Ponting. He has now scored the second highest amount of Test centuries EVER although he is still 12 behind Tendulkar's 51 centuries.

cricket100%

Cricket Spectator
Harbhajan Singh
:-O
Gimme a break. Harbhajan Singh. Given he scored 2 Test centuries lately but it would be a bit far fetched to classify him as a all-rounder. He is too inconsistent too really play a all-rounders role. AND DEFINITELY NOT THE BEST ALL-ROUNDER EVER!!!

Teja.

Global Moderator
:-O
Gimme a break. Harbhajan Singh. Given he scored 2 Test centuries lately but it would be a bit far fetched to classify him as a all-rounder. He is too inconsistent too really play a all-rounders role. AND DEFINITELY NOT THE BEST ALL-ROUNDER EVER!!!
Was in jest, I'm pretty sure.

Champ

Cricket Spectator
Best genuine all rounders (match winning ability with both bat & bowl)

Imran Khan
Keith Miller
Ian Botham

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
true allrounder= pure batsmen + pure bowler

world class pure batmens= avg > 50

world class pure bowler= avg < 24

therefore .........

ideal allrounder = batting avg >50 + bowling avg <24

imran khan in the last ten years of his career.........

batting avg> 50
bowling avg <20

as a true allrounder, surely no one comes close to imran

Winsome

Cricket Spectator
best all rounder

Dear you've missed one most important name that is, Imran Khan. Imran is the ever best all rounder both in test and ODIs. He can bowl where he wishes and can bat when needed. Other than he there is ian botham and Razzak.

Winsome

Cricket Spectator
Mine would be

Imran Khan
Garfield Sobers
Jacques Kalis
Keith Miller
Richard Hadlee
Ian Botham
Abdur Razzak
Kapil Dev
Shaun Pollock
Daniel Vettori
Shakib Hassan

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if you're talking test cricket (which is generally taken as a given on this forum unless stated otherwise) then you really need to look at batting & bowling all-rounders separately based on the fact there's yet to be a test allrounder who's world-class with both bat & ball throughout their entire test careers i.e >40 batting average & <25 bowling average.

For me, there's only four in the debate; the top 2 batting allrounders; sobers & kallis & the 2 best bowling allrounders; miller & imran

if you are looking at the shorter term however, botham was genuinely world-class with both bat & ball early in his career. After his first 25 tests was averaging 40.48 & 18.52 respectively
^ Awta, top post

kyear2

International Coach
If you're talking Test cricket (which is generally taken as a given on this forum unless stated otherwise) then you really need to look at batting & bowling all-rounders separately based on the fact there's yet to be a test allrounder who's world-class with both bat & ball throughout their entire test careers i.e >40 batting average & <25 bowling average.

For me, there's only four in the debate; the top 2 batting allrounders; Sobers & Kallis & the 2 best bowling allrounders; Miller & Imran

If you are looking at the shorter term however, Botham was genuinely world-class with both bat & ball early in his career. After his first 25 tests was averaging 40.48 & 18.52 respectively
Would also add Aubrey Faulkner to that list, and possibly Wilfred Rhodes. Additionally, I never undrerstood why All Rounders are always limited to batsman/bowlers. Possibly the second greatest All Rounder of All Time could very well be Adam Gilchrist, and if we are admitting the glovemen who bat, then Matt Prior is the best all rounder right now in cricket and Kumar Sangakkara and Clyde Walcott deserve some consideration for the short time they held both duties.