• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

b1acksun

Cricket Spectator
This is going to be a pretty interesting match from here on out. S. Africa still has a lot of chances with a fair chance of an Indian collapse under the watchful eyes of Steyn.

If India can manage a solid knock of 350, we should bag this. A flying start from Sehwag would seal the deal. Either way this is promising to be the type of test match you would expect from #1 and #2.

Evermind

International Debutant
Watching South Africa bat here has convinced me that they would have been in deep **** if they had lost the toss and batted first in the first test.
Yeah. And if not for the greedy bastards at BCCI, India would've had a good chance to draw it had they had some batting practice.

Starting an important series without a practice game is criminal.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
just a shame kallis was got out to a fluke.

i mean he is exactly the type of batsmen who would steady the ship with singles and sensible play.

even a 20-30 run contributions would be pretty important

shankar

International Debutant
Zaheer's been consistently good in conditions with help since the England series. The recent change is that he's now managing to average low even in matches in India.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess the good thing about the first test was that everything that could have gone wrong for us did go wrong

Lost the toss and faced good bowling on bowler friendly conditions. Lost Zak before the test began. SA piled on runs against garbage bowlers (Bhajji bowled well overall though) and more importantly SA's lower middle order didn't get any time in the middle.

And all those factors came back and now we have bowled em out for 131 =)

What's the chances of rain on day 4/5?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA will get some early wickets and taipan will magically appear again :ph34r:
And Indian fans will stop claiming that South Africa's obscenely awesome batting lineup is not that special and they would have won the first test had they won the toss :p.

Blaze 18

Banned
Yeah. And if not for the greedy bastards at BCCI, India would've had a good chance to draw it had they had some batting practice.

Starting an important series without a practice game is criminal.
No arguments from me there, Evermind. I agree with every word of this post.

shankar

International Debutant
Harbhajan's performance is an indictment of the Indian wickets. Rarely see him get anywhere near this assistance even on 5th days. It's been like this for 7-8 years and there's no signs of improvement...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Turning point was Amla's wicket IMO.

Sure Kallis had bad luck, and it was huge to get 4 before lunch... but Amla still looked untroubled. Then he played a bad shot to Harbhajan and the game totally swung in our favour.

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
You call it a 'self-discovery phase', but for other countries, it goes without saying that someone needs domestic cricket before international cricket. It is just common sense which India lack.
Indeed, even the mercurial quicks from Pakistan are allowed 10-15 FC matches before being thrown into the cauldron of international cricket.

Someone mentioned county cricket earlier, and this would be a great option for Ishant IMO. With IPL clashing with the county season, this is a distant dream for Indian bowlers.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see South Africa falling short of 136. Revenge is sweet.

Weather Gods permitting, I don't see India not winning from here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SA are paying $3.05

I am loading up bitches. Can't help myself. Win/win whatever the result (except a draw :ph34r: )

Briony

International Debutant
SA perform so poorly at Durban you wonder why in a three test series they don't opt to play at one of their other venues.:)