• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
**** me, a good ball from Ishant, who'd have thunk it. Seriously, what are him and Sree doing in the Test team - it is difficult, but they have managed to look **** whilst the oppo is 119/8.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He likes to think he can bat.
There's a pretty insane difference between how well he plays spin and how well he plays pace. It's comical.

Although that said, his best innings was staving off spin from both ends to almost save the second test in India this year.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Is he able to bowl though?
You may be right. Argh, why didn't we go with two spinners - kept getting shouted down on here for suggesting that but now we have a situation where overs bowled by Sreesanth and Ishant are simply wasted, regardless of the pitch. Oh yeah, and Harbhajan has three wickets too!

Teja.

Global Moderator
Pretty lame hating a guy for not being very good. Much better to hate a guy who is actually a dickhead bloke, and is also not very good.
Nah, It's that even when he's bowling ****e, I love watching Sree bowl. Has an ATG's action and beautiful seam position, Won us our only test win in SA in 2 decades and was underrated when he was a decent bowler.

I hate watching Ishant bowl, I think he doesn't have any talent and has been pretty overrated due to his age. Looking like Tarzan with a lobotomy doesn't help either(compared to Sree's dashing looks, Noone compares ofc).

I usually hate on players I think are overrated.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
**** me, a good ball from Ishant, who'd have thunk it. Seriously, what are him and Sree doing in the Test team - it is difficult, but they have managed to look **** whilst the oppo is 119/8.
Haha that's such a good point. We have a team 8 down for **** all and we've had two bowlers bowling absolute crud for most, if not all, of the time.

pasag

RTDAS
Think I was one of only two or three posters on this forum rating Zaheer very highly a couple years ago :smug:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, It's that even when he's bowling ****e, I love watching Sree bowl. Has an ATG's action and beautiful seam position, Won us our only test win in SA in 2 decades and was underrated when he was a decent bowler.

I hate watching Ishant bowl, I think he doesn't have any talent and has been pretty overrated due to his age. Looking like Tarzan with a lobotomy doesn't help either(compared to Sree's dashing looks, Noone compares ofc).

I usually hate on players I think are overrated.
Actually I feel exactly the same way. And Ishant is by any objective measure a much easier guy to like than Sree.

I just felt the hype was unjustified regarding Ishant, his "breakthrough" spell involved giving Ponting some trouble and taking one wicket whereas Sree's won India their first test in South Africa.

Last edited: