• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Seriously bad form, you don't see many people wanting to actually come IN to South African ad make an honest living

I'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed that. A few people fail to notice that South Africa batted really well.

I disagree, I think he is an excellent test batsman capable of toughing it out, more so than some of his higher order team mates at times

Can't believe you're still waffling on about this
But you can believe that Cevno can? And waffling is a funny word, that could so easily apply to your posts on this issue too. :)

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Squad: MS Dhoni (capt), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Yuvraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Praveen Kumar, Munaf Patel, R Ashwin, Yusuf Pathan, Piyush Chawla, S Sreesanth.

No sir Jadeja here...THis must be our WC squad excluding Chawla that is....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Squad: MS Dhoni (capt), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Yuvraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Praveen Kumar, Munaf Patel, R Ashwin, Yusuf Pathan, Piyush Chawla, S Sreesanth.

No sir Jadeja here...THis must be our WC squad excluding Chawla that is....
Should be, hopefully.. But I don't want Sree there either. :(

M0rphin3

International Debutant
I disagree, I think he is an excellent test batsman capable of toughing it out, more so than some of his higher order team mates at times
Well I haven't seen such an excellent innings to date. He's played some fine innings sporadically, but that's that.

Bun

Banned
And the same rains were forecast the next day too, weren't they? The whole crux is that you play with some kind of belief and try and achieve the least possible margin of defeat, if you cannot achieve a win or a draw..
You are basically suggesting you know better about cricket than a 175 tests veteran.

Bun

Banned
No, I am not and that is why it is obvious to me he played for the red ink.. :)
There is no wrong in playing for the red ink when there is zero chance of the team succeeding. Unless you're suggesting Sachin should have batted for 90 overs farming the strike and hitting out, a SA win was just 2 balls away and there was no point in slogging away and gifting a wicket. Laxman and Ishant Sharma crafted a win out of nowhere against Australia adopting similar strategy only.

Last edited:

Blaze 18

Banned
No-one is saying that India could have saved that game, Bun. All hope was lost as soon as Dale Steyn broke Sachin Tendulkar's and MS Dhoni's stand. The point being made is that Tendulkar could have tried to wipe out the deficit to avoid an innings defeat, or at least farmed the strike to delay the inevitable.

Look, I am a big fan of Sachin Tendulkar, but what he did yesterday was puzzling to say the least. He never puts himself ahead of the team, that is for sure - you only have to watch the post-match interview of the ODI in which he scored 175 to know that. However, he could have made it harder for the South Africans yesterday. That he chose to take a single on the first ball to expose a debutant (a number eleven at that) to quality fast bowling is inexplicable.

Bun

Banned
No-one is saying that India could have saved that game, Bun. All hope was lost as soon as Dale Steyn broke Sachin Tendulkar's and MS Dhoni's stand. The point being made is that Tendulkar could have tried to wipe out the deficit to avoid an innings defeat, or at least farmed the strike to delay the inevitable.

Look, I am a big fan of Sachin Tendulkar, but what he did yesterday was puzzling to say the least. He never puts himself ahead of the team, that is for sure - you only have to watch the post-match interview of the ODI in which he scored 175 to know that. However, he could have made it harder for the South Africans yesterday. That he chose to take a single on the first ball to expose a debutant (a number eleven at that) to quality fast bowling is inexplicable.
Oh I am done wit that rgument blaze. I enjoyed a good test match myself :) I thought sachin got more than his fair share of criticism. The other batsmen failed India, not him, and I think that is what should be debated more.

Blaze 18

Banned
The bowlers need to step up, the batsmen weren't all that bad - six hundred runs for the match despite a horrible collapse in the first innings.

cricket100%

Cricket Spectator
I am so happy that Kallis scored his 200. Did you notice Kallis' new hairstyle? I thought I was dreaming...
Before:

After:

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I am positive India will come strong now that we have acclimatized to the conditions. Taking nothing away from the South Africans, as toss is just one of the many parts of the game, I truly believe the scorecard and result would've been far different had Dhoni won the toss. The pitch certainly became easier to bat on after the first innings. There were certainly positive signs for India in the second innings, and I have no doubt in my mind that India will come back and come back strong in the second test. Sachin's current form is certainly something to look forward to.

All I can say is one thing now leading upto the second test... Let's bring it back ohhhhh, let's bring it back.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There will come a time when Dhoni wins 10 straight tosses and I will be around to witness it.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
There will come a time when Dhoni wins 10 straight tosses and I will be around to witness it.
I know I have the reputation of being overly optimistic and all, but you just took it to a whole 'nother level. You've really outdone me there. :p