• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Didn't Kapil Dev once hit three (or was it four ?) consecutive sixes to save the follow on once ? Wouldn't it have been nice if Tendulkar had tried to emulate him ? Surely it isn't too much to expect from a batsman of his calibre ? Even if he didn't think he could hit out, he could have at least tried to delay the inevitable, couldn't he ? A batsman's job is to make it as hard as possible for the opposition. Making South Africa bat after they secured a first innings lead of nearly five hundred would have been a massive positive for India.

I am not blaming Tendulkar for the defeat at all ; his performance is one of the few positives India can take from this test.
You've been smoking crack

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Won't criticize Sachin for that, but still I'm surprised he chose to do so tbh. Losing by 10 wickets sounds much better than by an innings.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Wow. The number 1 team facing a humiliating innings defeat after all the hype surrounding the series, Yes no pressure. I am pretty sure there would have been loads of people bagging him for not scoring when needed if he had failed.
The entire batting lineup failing on day 1, and the bowlers being absolute **** on days 2 and 3 were far more crucial to India's fortunes than Tendulkar in the 2nd innings.

Blaze 18

Banned
Seriously ? What are you on ? I know Dev hit 4 sixes in a row off Hemmings in England. Asking Tendulkar to do the same is ****ing ridiculous. What are you ? 12 ?
It would have given the Indian fans something to cheer about - they desperately needed something to feel cheerful about after India's abysmal performance in the first innings.

Mike5181

International Captain
Don't listen to this guy Blaze. I have come across him before and nothing he does is worth paying attention to.

Shri

Mr. Glass
It would have given the Indian fans something to cheer about - they desperately needed something to feel cheerful about after India's abysmal performance in the first innings.
Meh, the second dig batting was good enough to get hopes up for the rest of the series.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
*shakes head* typical Indian fans, humoured by such trivial events. how about growing a ticker and trying to play some good cricket instead of getting belted around for 4 days then blaming one of the few guys that put up a fight. If you want to see 6's belted around go and what that **** McCricket they call the IPL

Rant0r

International 12th Man
Don't listen to this guy Blaze. I have come across him before and nothing he does is worth paying attention to.
Yeah, you tell him Mike. You get thrashed for 4 days when your the best cricket team in the world them cheer for a couple of boundaries. Yay for you.