• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

TumTum

Banned
Before I go to sleep, my prediction for the day is that both these batsman will get to 100, but SA will pick up a bagful of wickets before COP, one of the centurions will remain not out and my guess is Tendulkar.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Philander ever going to get a go in the test team? Has a quality record and clearly a good bat too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good session. Long way to go though, and it's basically one more wicket and we're gone (with all due respect to Bhajji)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is Philander ever going to get a go in the test team? Has a quality record and clearly a good bat too.
I doubt it. He really does have an absolutely amazing record but he looked village with both bat and ball in his limited overs campaign, which probably shouldn't count for much but it will. On top of that he dropped some absolute sitters. I'd really like to see him picked just to satisfy my curiosity about his record, but whether it's actually a good idea or not is another matter.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm going to break something when Harris gets Sachin. And he will.
This. :( Harris is comfortably my least favourite cricketer in the world right now, cannot stand his face, his action, his weird expressions...

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
How awesome is Steyn to watch even on a pitch that has gotten a little flatter. Still has that bit of movement

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah Watson and Broad are worse.

Sachin getting out to Watson would be 50 million times worse. You just know Watson would yelp like a girl. wac

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I doubt it. He really does have an absolutely amazing record but he looked village with both bat and ball in his limited overs campaign, which probably shouldn't count for much but it will. On top of that he dropped some absolute sitters. I'd really like to see him picked just to satisfy my curiosity about his record, but whether it's actually a good idea or not is another matter.
Yeah I'd like to see how he goes, especially considering they don't have an obvious 1st change bowler performing. Never seen him play but 61 FC games at an average of 20 is quite astounding, so they may as well give him a go surely.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, that host of the Ten Sports analyst panel just gave the most epic jinx I've ever seen on Sachin.

Dissector

International Debutant
This. :( Harris is comfortably my least favourite cricketer in the world right now, cannot stand his face, his action, his weird expressions...
Harris is awesome. It's amazing that a cricketer with apparently so little talent has fashioned a marginally successful test career. It gives me hope that in some alternate universe, I am a test cricketer.:cool:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I'd like to see how he goes, especially considering they don't have an obvious 1st change bowler performing. Never seen him play but 61 FC games at an average of 20 is quite astounding, so they may as well give him a go surely.
Did not look too good when he played though.

Though still better than Joginder Sharma who somehow averages 20 with the ball in 56 matches of first class cricket in India.:-O:wacko:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/29976.html

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Some good ones on Cricinfo-

Ravikant: "Just checked - Delhi to Durban flight for tomorrow is only Rs 38k/head. Can we start a fund for Nehra & Praveen Kumar to be sent down asap!"

Sultan: "Raina came and went... but rain didnt.... and we where waiting for the latter!!!!"