• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Briony

International Debutant
SA would be mortified if it didn't win after dominating the early part of the match so well. Their bowling has fallen away, as has their fielding.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well I still think India are one of the best sides in the world, but I don't need this match to tell me that a team with the fast bowling attack of Ishant, Sreesant and Earthworm Jim can't be the number one ranked side.
I think India's woes are based around a lack of strength in depth. They have about 8 top notch test cricketers but the trouble is most are over 30, only two are bowlers, only one is a seamer and he makes Twatto look like he's been carved out of granite.

Briony

International Debutant
Surely they have someone better than Tsotsobe though. We know Harris is a waste of space but de Wet, Theron and Parnell have all shown something. McLaren looked to be in good form despite not being a great long-term prospect.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think India's woes are based around a lack of strength in depth. They have about 8 top notch test cricketers but the trouble is most are over 30, only two are bowlers, only one is a seamer and he makes Twatto look like he's been carved out of granite.
Without actually knowing for sure, I think it's fair to say that they have pretty good batting depth. Kohli and Pujara look seriously good backup. Mishra and Kartik are too pretty good spinners to have so far down the pecking order that they're completely out of the system, too.

Their problem is obviously their fast bowling - the fitness of Zaheer, the consistency of Sreesanth/Sharma and the quality of every other fast bowler they've tried are all massive issues. I don't think depth in batting or spin stocks are problems for them though.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag is trying so hard to restrain himself lol

Smith is using Morkel and Steyn separately so there is always pressure from one end. Good idea. I hope we don't do something silly against these 2

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Without actually knowing for sure, I think it's fair to say that they have pretty good batting depth. Kohli and Pujara look seriously good backup. Mishra and Kartik are too pretty good spinners to have so far down the pecking order that they're completely out of the system, too.

Their problem is obviously their fast bowling - the fitness of Zaheer, the consistency of Sreesanth/Sharma and the quality of every other fast bowler they've tried are all massive issues. I don't think depth in batting or spin stocks are problems for them though.
Kartik is their best spinner should be playing.

I read on Cricinfos twitter that Sehwag has passed 50 in 15 of his last 16 games, quite impressive really.