• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Evermind

International Debutant
SA is far superior than India...We r just ranked no.1...Happy now....

The rankings are a bit of a joke, though.

There's a great way for Sri Lanka to be #1 in the world - just play all their matches at home, at Galle. To have home and away tests given equal weightage is absurd to me.

I can't see how a team can be #1 in the world while never having won a single series in the top 2 other countries.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Anyway there have been plenty of threads for rankings discussion.

Back to the match. Was a real tough chance for Amla. How much did Tsosobe want that though!

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
The rankings are a bit of a joke, though.

There's a great way for Sri Lanka to be #1 in the world - just play all their matches at home, at Galle. To have home and away tests given equal weightage is absurd to me.

I can't see how a team can be #1 in the world while never having won a single series in the top 2 other countries.
Ya SA shud be no.1 who lost their home series,Well England Never faced INDIA in recent past... we recently drawn a series in Sl.... So their's no clear no.1 here..But atleast we didnt lost a series in 2 years.... We rightly deserved it......:cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I get confused with Kingpin's avatar. I see him praising India. I'm like "That doesn't sound like Evermind", then I see its Kingpin.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Oh there's no doubt that there's been less in the pitch as each new day has rolled around, but I still definitely don't think it's a flat pitch. It's not a minefield (nor was it on Day 1 ftr) but there's more in it at the moment than the vast majority of Day 1 Test pitches.
not nearly as much as are trying to make it out to be
What am i making it out to be?

Batting on the pitch on the first day was real tough due to dampness,overcast conditions and tennis ball bounce caused by the dampness plus seam movement.

Batting on this pitch right now is not tough, it is not very easy but it is not "tough" by any standards.

And if it rains again and stops causing dampness or if the clouds make it overcast again then it will become tough due to swing and the same factors repeated again.
Currently this pitch without dampness,swing or pace is like a Australian pitch.

So far winning the toss has been a massive advantage.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
One Test has led people to doubt our number one ranking, if Viru can help us draw this Test, it will truly be the knife in the back of the India-haters. C'mon Viru, 400* will do nicely.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
What am i making it out to be?

Batting on the pitch on the first day was real tough due to dampness,overcast conditions and tennis ball bounce caused by the dampness plus seam movement.

Batting on this pitch right now is not tough, it is not very easy but it is not "tough" by any standards.

And if it rains again and stops causing dampness or if the clouds make it overcast again then it will become tough due to swing and the same factors repeated again.

So far winning the toss has been a massive advantage.

dampness? the pitch was covered, sure there was some moisture but it was hardly an uncovered pitch.

conditions were sunny in as soon as play started.

yes there was seam movement, but these are two good bowlers who mixed their lengths really well.

again these are poor excuses, india were undercooked, i think thats the most reasonable thing to say.

anyway, tsotsobe looks poor, sehwag still scoring freely, they need to just deprive him of runs for a few overs!!!

pasag

RTDAS
So India aren't dominant anymore? :ph34r:

1. SA
2. India = England
4. Aus

Not sure if SL are better than us atm, haven't seen them in a while.

Flem274*

123/5
I don't understand. Are you saying NZ drawing two matches on (admittedly flat) Indian pitches against Harbhajan/Ojha/Zaheer wasn't a praiseworthy effort because India have been horrible here? The two things have nothing to do with each other.
Self deprecating humour tbh.

And after SA did this, we don't look as good as we did before. If India had skittled SA, it would have opened up doors for me to offer South Africa Martin Guptill.:ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Self deprecating humour tbh.

And after SA did this, we don't look as good as we did before. If India had skittled SA, it would have opened up doors for me to offer South Africa Martin Guptill.:ph34r:
Instead I suggested India poach Ed Rainsford. It's just as fun. :p

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So India aren't dominant anymore? :ph34r:

1. SA
2. India = England
4. Aus

Not sure if SL are better than us atm, haven't seen them in a while.
Sri Lanka just drew to the West Indies at home, although it was heavily rain-affected and Malinga was out. Can't see them being better than us minus Murali.

pasag

RTDAS
One poor innings and jump to conclusions........:sleep:
Well I still think India are one of the best sides in the world, but I don't need this match to tell me that a team with the fast bowling attack of Ishant, Sreesant and Earthworm Jim can't be the number one ranked side.