• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
India haven't been in England for some time.

And I can't remember them winning a series in Aus
I never said they won a series in Australia. But in the last 2 series they've played in Australia they have 2 wins, 3 losses and 3 draws. Hardly horrible.

And we haven't played in Australia for 3 years. We haven't played them there since they turned ordinary.

The last 2 series they've played in England they have 2 wins and 1 loss with 4 draws.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
i am not sure allowing sehwag to swing his bat is such a good thing for SA bowlers, if they keep him quiet for a few overs he normally gets himself out

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Uhh read your post again. I said they haven't lost in 24 months. You said who and where was the last time they lost, and then said Australia. That was wrong. It was Sri Lanka. You were trying to make a point that the last time they lost a series was outside of the subcontinent, when it wasn't.

Anyway, last time they were in England they won. Last time they were in West Indies they won. Last time they were in New Zealand they won. Last time they were in Australia they lost 2-1 with Sydney-gate being one of those losses.

It's South Africa where they struggle, and South Africa alone.
I never said they won a series in Australia. But in the last 2 series they've played in Australia they have 2 wins, 3 losses and 3 draws. Hardly horrible.

The last 2 series they've played in England they have 2 wins and 1 loss with 4 draws.
Keep fighting the fight, mate. :)

Or take a break from here, forget about cricket for a month and start following badminton or something... :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Keep fighting the fight, mate. :)

Or take a break from here, forget about cricket for a month and start following badminton or something... :ph34r:
Lol.

Meh, just explaining the reason India are top on the rankings. Don't care if someone believes SA or England are better.

taipan1

U19 12th Man
Lol.

Meh, just explaining the reason India are top on the rankings. Don't care if someone believes SA or England are better.
Well considering that SA has won in both England and Aus since India toured either, drew their last 2 series in India, one can understand why most rate SA superior to India.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well considering that SA has won in both England and Aus since India toured either, drew their last 2 series in India, one can understand why most rate SA superior to India.
Conversely though, dropping series at home isn't something India do.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
SA is far superior than India...We r just ranked no.1...Happy now....

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
But they lost both the home series ,did they not while India won both of theirs.

If you can't defend your turf, then winning away only neutralises that.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
good start by india this, need to get sehwag out ASAP

i think SA need to rethink their strategy, need to bowl a probing offstump line to sehwag rather than pitching it up and hoping for movement.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sehwag with an opportunity at a ton in South Africa and in the second innings. About as likely as a Kallis double and North getting two unconverted starts.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
Seeing the difference between the first innings and the second and third innings so far is giving me a good reason to think that.

Don't you think?

Winning the toss was a massive advantage here.
not nearly as much as are trying to make it out to be

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

And we haven't played in Australia for 3 years. We haven't played them there since they turned ordinary.

With Bucknor umpiring both too and specially both matches at Sydney in consecutive tours.

And we were the first one who stopped Australia's winning run of matches at Perth IIRC and if i dare say so they haven't been the same since.
Though that is more down to other factors in abundance.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Seeing the difference between the first innings and the second and third innings so far is giving me a good reason to think that.

Don't you think?

Winning the toss was a massive advantage here.
Oh there's no doubt that there's been less in the pitch as each new day has rolled around, but I still definitely don't think it's a flat pitch. It's not a minefield (nor was it on Day 1 ftr) but there's more in it at the moment than the vast majority of Day 1 Test pitches.