• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
How old is Unadkat anyway?

And I'm supporting SA, mainly because of Steyn/Morkel but also because of the lack of SA posters here. Feel like they need some support.

smash84

The Tiger King
The funny thing is Pakistan's batsmen did pretty well against this S. African attack quite recently, even though the conditions were hugely different.
Pak batting would have been skittled out for less than 100 here I suppose.

Dissector

International Debutant
Why does India produce so many pathetically scrawny "fast" bowlers? Prasad, Agarkar, Sreesanth and now Unadkat. Anyway I had few illusions about this first test and I am not overly surprised at this collapse. This test is pretty much gone but will India be able to recover and at least draw the series? Probably not but I am hoping they will somehow pull it off. I guess the fact that we have recovered from horrible maulings from South Africa in our last two home series is grounds for hope but obviously doing it in South Africa is a whole other issue.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ryan McLaren surely would have done a better job.
Can't have been worse, and can bat.

Think Kallis is comfortably South Africa's third best bowler at the moment unless they have a gun or two we haven't seen yet. A concern for them IMO. De Wet's making his return from injury I suppose.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If S. Africa can find 3rd and 4th bowlers who can perform a good, consistent job, they'd be a scary scary side..

smash84

The Tiger King
If S. Africa can find 3rd and 4th bowlers who can perform a good, consistent job, they'd be a scary scary side..
how many teams have 4 scary bowlers vcs???? India would be very scary as well if they had 4 good bowlers.

Blaze 18

Banned
how many teams have 4 scary bowlers vcs???? India would be very scary as well if they had 4 good bowlers.
Beat me to it again, I was just about to say that. Aside from the all-time great sides (West Indies, Australia), every side in history has had some weakness or the other.

Dissector

International Debutant
The point is SA already have two scary bowlers. They just need two decent bowlers and they are easily the best bowling attack in world cricket. The good news for other teams is they are obviously struggling at the moment with that.