• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

hazsa19

International Regular
I see Tremlett has played three or four tests before. How long ago were they, out of interest? He's 29 and had a few injuries I understand.
He played a few against India in England in 07, looked pretty good. Not sure why he didn't get a run.

I think he had some trouble at Hampshire but he went to Surrey and has been a revelation.

28-3 :laugh:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** me dead. This is embarrassing. Try leaving a ball you dopey ****s!

Worst shot I can't think of so far this summer.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
A couple of things to point out here. Its particularly annoying to hear the commentators saying, 'good to see Ponting batting aggressively, positive sign etc' Its poor batting given the conditions, there is a little bit of green, bowlers are getting a bit of movement, common sense dictates you'd see out the conditions and the new ball. I dont usually like comparing people across eras, but you'd suspect none of these guys would survive in the 80s or early 90s.

Tremlett was born to bowl on this pitch. Bowling at 135ks with a bit of movement and the kind of bounce he is getting is perfect.

Collingwood is so much of a better fielder in the 3rd slip/gully area than he is at first slip to Swann. England need to take note.

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They'll be all out by lunch at this rate.:laugh:

Some comedy batting this morning considering they are 1-0 down and on a greentop.

Spark

Global Moderator
FFS it's not even swinging or seaming very much at all! They're a metre outside off stump and you're just fishing at them! Idiots.

hazsa19

International Regular
The amazing thing is that the ball that only just clipped hughes' middle stump was deep into the 'full zone'.