• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in South Africa

chicane

State Captain
Yeah. I mentioned a few weeks earlier that Zaheer seems to be taking lessons from Shoaib Akhtar on how to become unfit :).........seems so true now.
Both of them are paying the price for neglecting their fitness earlier in their careers. Shoaib though is beyond compare.

Shri

Mr. Glass
At least Zaheer doesn't need liposuction. Different fitness issues between the two. One was over weight but the other is just injury prone.

chicane

State Captain
At least Zaheer doesn't need liposuction. Different fitness issues between the two. One was over weight but the other is just injury prone.
Zaheer was overweight too. Can never forget a fat, limping Zaheer bowling 120k in an ODI, probably in SL and around 2004/05.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Come on, a groin strain is related to being fat 5 years ago?:p

I am not a physio, someone qualified to clear my doubt.

chicane

State Captain
Come on, a groin strain is related to being fat 5 years ago?:p

I am not a physio, someone qualified to clear my doubt.
Haha. Well it will ease some of the disappointment with him knowing he didn't bring it on himself.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
So, who should play in place of Zaheer? Umesh, Unadkat or Ojha? Unadkat will be my pick solely due to the variety-in-the-pace-bowling-attack factor, though I won't be very unhappy with any one of the three. Umesh has as strong a case as Unadkat, and I am one of the rare few who think that Ojha can be successful in South African conditions (no, his huge success in IPL version 2 in SA has got nothing to do with it).

Blaze 18

Banned
Him being overweight half a decade ago isn't the reason for his current injuries are they?
He is in much better shape currently than he was half a decade ago, but he could do with some slimming. I am no fitness expert, but I would be surprised if his groin injuries didn't have something to do with his weight.

Blaze 18

Banned
So, who should play in place of Zaheer? Umesh, Unadkat or Ojha? Unadkat will be my pick solely due to the variety-in-the-pace-bowling-attack factor, though I won't be very unhappy with any one of the three. Umesh has as strong a case as Unadkat, and I am one of the rare few who think that Ojha can be successful in South African conditions (no, his huge success in IPL version 2 in SA has got nothing to do with it).
If Zaheer Khan does miss the first test - he still has not been ruled out - then a fast bowler should take his place. Pragyan Ojha is an okay bowler, but two spinners on South African pitches would be a waste (unless India play five bowlers).

smash84

The Tiger King
Both of them are paying the price for neglecting their fitness earlier in their careers. Shoaib though is beyond compare.
Definitely Shoaib is beyond compare, which is why I said that Zaheer is taking lessons from him :p

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Because India get ****y about them?
No I think it is more frustration at not being able to score. Most Indian batsmen love dominating the spinners and when they bowl negative lines they tend to get frustrated and do something stupid.