• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Intercontinental Cup and Intercontinental Shield

jashan83

U19 Captain
IC Shield

UAE after a good session today in the morning and good start to batting, loose 4 wickets. I hope one partnership comes up to make the match interesting

jashan83

U19 Captain
Great comeback by scotland. Afghans 177 AO. They took a 41 run lead. match becomes really interesting.
It was a See Saw Match. After the comeback by Scotland, the Afghans came back strongly and bowled out Scotland for just 82. They came back to make 124/3 and thus AFGHANISTAN ARE THE NEW INTERCONTINENTAL CUP WINNERS. For the first time a non european team has become the IC Cup champion

jashan83

U19 Captain
UAE after a good session today in the morning and good start to batting, loose 4 wickets. I hope one partnership comes up to make the match interesting
UAE has also made a strong comeback. The sixth wicket partnership of a good 172 Runs. The 6th wicket just fell. Presently the score are like this

1st Innings:- UAE 79 All Out
Namibia:- 320 All Out

2nd Innings:- UAE 312/6 and with a lead of just 71 :@ due to bad 1st innings score.

I hope UAE adds 100 more runs to make the match interesting.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha I don't know about hero's innings - he came in two wickets down when his team already had a first innings lead.

Did you see much of it PEWS, Hamid Hasan, Shenwari and the teenage wicketkeeper all look great on paper:)

Migara

International Coach
Hamid Hasan is genuinely quick and hits 90mph. Shenwar does bowl some useful leg breaks, but unlike Hasan lacks that natural talent. But test standard IMO (If Doherty can be test standard).

jashan83

U19 Captain
UAE has also made a strong comeback. The sixth wicket partnership of a good 172 Runs. The 6th wicket just fell. Presently the score are like this

1st Innings:- UAE 79 All Out
Namibia:- 320 All Out

2nd Innings:- UAE 312/6 and with a lead of just 71 :@ due to bad 1st innings score.

I hope UAE adds 100 more runs to make the match interesting.
An interesting match in the offering

UAE 79 All Out
Namibia 320 All Out

Then what a comeback by UAE
UAE 427 All Out
Namibia have a target of 187 Runs

They are 34/2.
Require 153 Runs more with 8 wickets left.

jashan83

U19 Captain
An interesting match in the offering

UAE 79 All Out
Namibia 320 All Out

Then what a comeback by UAE
UAE 427 All Out
Namibia have a target of 187 Runs

They are 34/2.
Require 153 Runs more with 8 wickets left.
Namibia have won the Inaugural ICC Intercontinental Shield. They won by 6 wickets. Namibian captain Craig William scored century in both the innings.

UAE played very nicely in second innings, a great comeback to put life into the match, but alas their first innings performance came to haunt them as the score became 100 run too less.

Congratulations to Namibia. Will be seeing all the teams in 20-20 CWC Qualifiers. It will be a 16 team qualifier.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Did you see much of it PEWS, Hamid Hasan, Shenwari and the teenage wicketkeeper all look great on paper:)
I watched a bit, yeah. Hamid Hassan looks a genuine Test class bowler to me and he's only in his early 20s IIRC, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if Test nations tried to woo him. Shenwari was pretty accurate but didn't really look too threatening for mine. Didn't get to see much of Aghanistan batting so I can't tell you how Shahzad looked but his keeping was tidy when I was watching.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks for the replies, wonder if any counties will look at them. Would be a great way t further their careers.

jashan83

U19 Captain
ICC revamps Intercontinental Cup and scraps Shield

The ICC has announced that the ICC Intercontinental Cup will return to being a single-division, biennial eight-team, first-class tournament, and at the same time has scrapped the less-than-popular Intercontinental Shield.

The sixth staging of the tournament is scheduled to run from May 2011 until December 2012 with the top six Associate and Affiliate teams with ODI status from 2009-2012 automatically included, namely Afghanistan, Canada, Ireland, Kenya, Netherlands and Scotland.

The remaining two places will be determined by the ICC Development Committee from the top four teams of the ICC World Cricket League Division 2 event which is scheduled for April 2011 in Dubai.

WCL Division 2 is currently made up of Bermuda, Namibia, UAE and Uganda with two qualifiers to proceed from WCL Division 3 (scheduled for 22-29 January 2011). The Cup will again be played on a round-robin basis with the top two teams progressing towards the final.

ICC Global Development Manager Matthew Kennedy said: "Due to the Zimbabwe XI no longer participating, it has been decided to revert to the previous Intercontinental Cup structure of eight teams with more guaranteed games for all. In making this decision, consideration was given to the international cricket opportunities now provided to all 95 Associate and Affiliate Members across all three formats of the game.

"With balancing these formats in mind, it is important to offer the best non-Test-playing nations the opportunity to compete in meaningful multi-day cricket. And as a result of this expanded I Cup, the second division that was the ICC Intercontinental Shield is no longer required."

In addition, the ICC Development Committee has allocated the staging of two Pepsi ICC WCL events to Malaysia (Division 6 in September 2011) and Singapore (Division 5 in February 2012).

It has also been decided that the first 16-team ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier, which will determine the six teams to join the ten Full Members at the ICC World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka in September 2012, will be staged in the UAE in the early part of 2012.

Following the conclusion of WCL Division 4 in Italy in August and the subsequent global rankings, the Development Committee has confirmed that the regional Twenty20 qualification systems through 2011 will provide the ten teams that will join the six ODI nations in the WT20 Qualifier. The teams would be drawn from Asia (3), Europe (2), Africa (2), Americas (2) and East Asia - Pacific (1).

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Namibia have won the Inaugural ICC Intercontinental Shield. They won by 6 wickets. Namibian captain Craig William scored century in both the innings.

UAE played very nicely in second innings, a great comeback to put life into the match, but alas their first innings performance came to haunt them as the score became 100 run too less.

Congratulations to Namibia. Will be seeing all the teams in 20-20 CWC Qualifiers. It will be a 16 team qualifier.
Always good to see a 'mate' do well. About 6 yrs ago Craig wrote a letter to Namibia cricket stating his interest in playing and noone got back to him so Im glad it all worked out.

I saw him play one of the most destructive innings I have ever seen-- 100 off about 40 balls and he was still only possibly the 5th best bat in the team.

Hats off to him. 2 tons in a game is a great effort and great to see one of the good guys being successful.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Mohammad Shahzad, Mohammad nabi and Hamid Hassan are such guns!!

Nice to see Afghanistan doing well:D

Howe_zat

Audio File
Other two have nothing on Hassan, mind.

The guy bowls with a bandana. A BANDANA.

Edit: Has a 10-for now. :rockon:

Last edited: