• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Incidentally, Hussey seemed to think it stemmed from Haddin being sledged as well.
I do recall little Jimmy giving Haddin a bit of a spray at one stage. I remember it clearly as it was so unexpected from a bowler who usually seems so uninterested in getting stuck in. Seems England have brought a different Anderson this tour. Good to see, as when Anderson gets it right, he's fantastic to watch.

Flem274*

123/5
Well England will be leaving this Test 1-0 up. Another ****ing pathetic performance I had to endure in the last couple of years, I don't know why I even follow this team anymore tbh, probably trying to convince myself that it will turn around but it never does.
You wouldn't make a very good NZ, Pakistan or WI supporter.

Or even a very good English supporter.:ph34r:

Lucky you never saw any Aussie tests from February 1984 to Jan 1989. Painful doesnt begin to describe. We couldnt even beat NZ! Hadlee or no Hadlee its still NZ FFS!
:cool:Hatez will be haterz.

Jarquis

Where the hell was Katich? :laugh: Single there everyday of the week.
Great catch from Swanneh as well, radio commentary didn't do it justice.

Jarquis

LBW looked gone to me and c&b chance wasn't as hard as TMS made out but then again they're never easy.

howardj

International Coach
Punter should save his gobbing off for his own underperforming batsmen. These batting collapses are the thing that's killed us for 18months. And yet the same lads are retained.

simmy

International Regular
Do the Aussie selectors have the balls to drop Clarke? He can't buy a run it looks like.

HeathDavisSpeed

Where the hell was Katich? :laugh: Single there everyday of the week.
Great catch from Swanneh as well, radio commentary didn't do it justice.
Interview with *****on at the Tea break said he took responsibility for it!! To me, it looked like Katich was half asleep at the non-striker's end.

91Jmay

International Coach
For someone who pretends to care so much about the spirit of the game, Ponting acts like a complete **** on the field an awful lot doesn't he.

Two faced, overly hairy, midget gob****e.

Jarquis

Interview with *****on at the Tea break said he took responsibility for it!! To me, it looked like Katich was half asleep at the non-striker's end.
Yeah, don't get that at all. Katich went 2 steps forwards and then one back, as much as I'd love to blame Twatto, I can't.

"Tinniest hot spot in the history of the game" :
"That's all it needs to be" :laugh:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
:laugh: @ the people judging Harris from ONE OVER yesterday.

"He can't bowl to left-handers!" and "He's trying to bowl too fast!" my personal favourites.

TumTum

Banned
I rate Harris our best bowler currently.

Anyways here is my general prediction for this test: Irrespective of what England post in the 1st innings, our top order will again collapse in the 2nd innings. It will be left to the middle order to either avoid an innings defeat or set a target of around 200 in which case England will chase down losing only a few wickets (or none at all).

simmy

International Regular
I think this initial session could set up the whole game. If we are 0 wickets down... you can only see one winner...

Pothas

Massive first hour coming up obviously. Think they might nick one of our guys out early on but if we can get through the first session one down then things are looking really good.

Cannot see X keeping the run rate down the way Swann did.

Very little dicussion negative or positive about Pietersen in the run up to this game, think this might be the day he hits the headlines again.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even if England do score ugly, I can't see it being a match-winner because.....

1. Several batsman (Cook, Trott) I'm still not convinced can score big again.
2. It's probably like Brisbane where it'll be flat for the rest of the day