• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

hazsa19

International Regular
yeah he wasn't going to last long on that evidence anyway.

But the annoying thing is technology is meant to get rid of things like this. If there were no technology in use then that would have been given out, and people would have pointed out the nick but would say it was so thin that you cant really blame the ump.

As it is I think it's the 3rd time this system has been brought into question?

Xuhaib

International Coach
hopefully Anderson or Swanneh clean up would not like to see Finn get his trademark cheap wickets.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
yeah he wasn't going to last long on that evidence anyway.

But the annoying thing is technology is meant to get rid of things like this. If there were no technology in use then that would have been given out, and people would have pointed out the nick but would say it was so thin that you cant really blame the ump.

As it is I think it's the 3rd time this system has been brought into question?
Technology does not have to be perfect. It just has to be better than the alternative. Unless it starts overturning decisions which it shouldn't, or over-turns 0 decisions, it will always be worth having. Bad decisions by a standing umpire aren't more acceptable than bad decisions by the third umpire, no matter how much more understandable they may be.

hazsa19

International Regular
well finns been poor bar 2 overs before tea, don't know what he's doing here, just need to keep runs to a minimum and let the aussies get themselves out, just like what all the other bowlers have been doing

Xuhaib

International Coach
Technology does not have to be perfect. It just has to be better than the alternative. Unless it starts overturning decisions which it shouldn't, or over-turns 0 decisions, it will always be worth having. Bad decisions by a standing umpire aren't more acceptable than bad decisions by the third umpire, no matter how much more understandable they may be.
nailed it.

hazsa19

International Regular
well it was closer than i though, if it was clipping the off stump line would it be umpires decision or would it be out?

hazsa19

International Regular
The problem is that during this series there has been one truly shocking howler, Hussey in Brisbane plumb lbw and survived.

Theres been a couple of very thin edges that could have easily been turned over, but haven't.

Technology just doesn't seem to be working yet for me.

Need snicko and we need to put more trust in hawk-eye, I don't like all this 'marginal call' business