• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Williamson off the mark, bound to get a century now :p JINX JINX JINX

Lol at Guptills reaction to Taylor's dismissal!

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
to be true shastri and gavasakar who where commenting at the time of his dismissal also said the same
Probably should have played forward to that ball in hindsight, but when in doubt, I'd say it's always better to play it late.

biased indian

International Coach
So after this series, does anyone still think Taylor is better than Ryder? Question mainly for Athlai who isn't here at the moment, but still. :p With each passing series I think it becomes more and more clear who the better Test batsman is.
is ryder's record other than india any good when compared to taylor ?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So after this series, does anyone still think Taylor is better than Ryder? Question mainly for Athlai who isn't here at the moment, but still. :p With each passing series I think it becomes more and more clear who the better Test batsman is.
Ryder is always gun against India.. :p we need to see him play other teams more to arrive at a conclusion.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I think the main reason why Taylor is considered as NZs best is because he's been in the team a while now and scored a few centuries, whereas Jesse's been in and out a bit with injury.

I think Jesse is the better batsman. You get the feeling he's confident of scoring against anyone in any condition. With Taylor it's like he prods about to see if the conditions and situation suit him, otherwise he gets out.

Still love Taylor though. Taylor-Ryder-Williamson is a middle order to cream for.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ryder's played over half his career against India, so it's a bit unfair to exclude them, but he still averages over 40 against everyone which includes a series batting out of position in Australia.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
What a ****ing joke.

No point writing any more of this post as it will only turn into a typical rant against umpires, the lack of UDRS due to some ignorant, malodorous, corrupt, slimy, money-grubbing, BCCI (and other), moronic, selfish Luddites who couldn't give a **** about the quality of umpiring decisions or anything else that might threaten the status quo and the dominance of the top few sides and is slowly but surely dragging all of cricket down into the turgid morass of ****.

Deep breath...

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
In 2 games v Aus, averages less than 20.

In 2 games v SL, averages about 32.

In 2 games v WI, averages over 100.

It's really too early to know for sure whether Ryder's record against India is something to do with their bowlers, or whether he'll be as good against everyone. But looking at the way he's batted in this series, I know who I'd rather have coming to the crease at the fall of a wicket.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think the main reason why Taylor is considered as NZs best is because he's been in the team a while now and scored a few centuries, whereas Jesse's been in and out a bit with injury.
Yeah, that's a big part of it. I also think people subconsciously take ODIs into account, where Taylor is a class above Ryder.

I think Jesse is the better batsman. You get the feeling he's confident of scoring against anyone in any condition. With Taylor it's like he prods about to see if the conditions and situation suit him, otherwise he gets out.
Yeah, agreed. Ryder just seems a lot more composed and self-assured in general when he bats IMO.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm hoping for a folklore innings from these two and Vettori. You know that kind of thing that will turn up on Cricinfo in 50 years when they look back and the story will start off something like "New Zealand weren't expected to put up a fight against India in this series but did just that for 2 Tests. In the third, however, it looked as though they were going to be humiliated. At 5 for 93 on the fourth day, it looked as though they were going to crash to an expected defeat. They didn't count on the resiliency of rookie batsman Kane Williamson and the hobbling Jesse Ryder. They combined together for a record match saving partnerships of [score above 300 please] in an effort that has gone down as one of the best in New Zealand's cricketing history..."

Biggest. Jinx. Ever.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
I'm hoping for a folklore innings from these two and Vettori. You know that kind of thing that will turn up on Cricinfo in 50 years when they look back and the story will start off something like "New Zealand weren't expected to put up a fight against India in this series but did just that for 2 Tests. In the third, however, it looked as though they were going to be humiliated. At 5 for 93 on the fourth day, it looked as though they were going to crash to an expected defeat. They didn't count on the resiliency of rookie batsman Kane Williamson and the hobbling Jesse Ryder. They combined together for a record match saving partnerships of [score above 300 please] in an effort that has gone down as one of the best in New Zealand's cricketing history..."

Biggest. Jinx. Ever.
Lulz