• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

chicane

State Captain
Yeah agreed. Would like to see Chawla in.

RP is poor in flat/dusty conditions, Munaf is lazy, Ishant and Irfan are struggling. Praveen, Vinay and even Pankaj Singh deserve a go. That's atleast 3 names ahead of Mithun, Unadkat, Umesh Yadav etc. For ****s sake give them some time!

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Good to know that people expect miracles from Pankaj singh, Vinay kumar etc.

Praveen Kumar? To ball knee high bouncers?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good to know that people expect miracles from Pankaj singh, Vinay kumar etc.

Praveen Kumar? To ball knee high bouncers?
Wtf?

What a ridiculous post. People are saying that they deserve to be in the squad for their constant performances in domestic cricket over Unadkat, who is still very young and hasn't done it over the long haul. Vinay Kumar had an outstanding season last Ranji trophy, is dominating in this year's Ranji Trophy, and importantly, has an overall terrific first class record.

Next time don't put people's words in their mouths thanks. No one is saying these guys are the saviours of Indian fast bowling.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Williamson to end up as NZL best batsman since Crowe the boy is so so good.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
Wtf?

What a ridiculous post. People are saying that they deserve to be in the squad for their constant performances in domestic cricket over Unadkat, who is still very young and hasn't done it over the long haul. Vinay Kumar had an outstanding season last Ranji trophy, is dominating in this year's Ranji Trophy, and importantly, has an overall terrific first class record.

Next time don't put people's words in their mouths thanks. No one is saying these guys are the saviours of Indian fast bowling.
Tbf, Vinay looks pretty average from what I have seen from him. Granted, I havent seen him in the longer format, but I think Praveen should be ahead of him.

Woodster

International Captain
No pressure on the lad then!

Tbh I've been really impressed by him, he produced more attractive strokeplay today than he did in the first Test, to show he can perform however the circumstances and team plans dictate.

He looks to have an excellent temperament, good choice of shots, plays the spinners very well, has good footwork whether playing off the back foot deep in the crease, or committing fully to the front foot. But I would like to see him against a decent attack on a helpful pitch before I make a similarly optimistic prediction.

Howe_zat

Audio File
High praise indeed. I rate the lad but let's not forget he hasn't had much testing so far. Flat decks and the half-injured Indian attack isn't the harshest going over in Test cricket.

I'll reserve judgement until the Aus and SA series next year - until then he has gone from "promising" to "extremely promising" in my mind.

lockton2skipper

U19 Debutant
funny when this series started all the debate was about nz bowling or lack of it. now it's india's popgun attack which is under the microscope on this forum.

Howe_zat

Audio File
funny when this series started all the debate was about nz bowling or lack of it. now it's india's popgun attack which is under the microscope on this forum.
To be fair, the Indian bowling has been an issue for them for some time. The low expectations of NZ's bowling were mostly made with the assumed superiority of the Indian batting lineup. It's really been the New Zealand batting - and Chris Martin - that's been the pleasant surprise.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tbf, Vinay looks pretty average from what I have seen from him. Granted, I havent seen him in the longer format, but I think Praveen should be ahead of him.
Vinay Kumar keeps getting people out. His ODI career has been pathetic, but he gets far too many wickets at first class level to ignore for so long now.

Don't mind Praveen getting a shot though, nor Pankaj.

Unadkat and Mithun should be given time to develop though.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Uhh, no.

Sehwag's average outside of India: 50.67
Sachin's average outside of India: 56.25
Dravid's average outside of India: 55.33 (only 49.40 in India)
Laxman's average outside of India: 46.07
Gambhir's average outside of India: 64.10 (only 42.58 in India)
Fair enough, but only answers half the mystery, the explanation for so few bowling averages under 30?

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Wtf?

. That one was in jest, but from what I've seen Vinay Kumar is pretty mediocre. And if mithun has once been selected so be it. Let him get a decent run atleast.

Same with Unadkat, has been in the squad for a while, hence he's been called as replacement. Fair call.

Last edited:

Checkmate

School Boy/Girl Captain
To be fair, the Indian bowling has been an issue for them for some time. The low expectations of NZ's bowling were mostly made with the assumed superiority of the Indian batting lineup. funny when this series started all the debate was about nz bowling or lack of it. I rate the lad but let's not forget he hasn't had much testing so far. Flat decks and the half-injured Indian attack isn't the harshest going over in Test cricket.
lol what are you doing?

Howe_zat

Audio File
To be fair, the Indian bowling has been an issue for them for some time. The low expectations of NZ's bowling were mostly made with the assumed superiority of the Indian batting lineup. funny when this series started all the debate was about nz bowling or lack of it. I rate the lad but let's not forget he hasn't had much testing so far. Flat decks and the half-injured Indian attack isn't the harshest going over in Test cricket.
Either you're aiming for a flaming or I'm calling :spam:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I reckon a bunch of you NZ posters should send them feedback letting them know they've read this a million times and its patronising and boring. May have an impact, who knows.