• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Man that is such a brainless shot. Sometimes it seems he just doesnt respect the game of cricket, like he just cant be bothered even trying to take it seriously. I guess 'thats how he plays'. Still love him though, my favourite non-aussie player, but gee it annoys me to see someone with as much talent as ive ever seen just throw an innings away, at least wait until youve got the ton!
A spectator seemed to have distracted him.
Well he's gone now, pheww

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Haha just got back from being out and ****ing amazing that we have two wickets!!

Seems our main weapons against Indian batsmen are boredom and luck, but we'll take it.

The second new ball still seems a very long way away...

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Day 1:
SA 311-3
NZ 258-4

Day 2 Drinks:
NZ 310-6
SA 329-6

Day 2 Lunch:
SA 365-9
NZ 341-9

Day 2 Tea
IND 62-0
PAK 88-0

tbc..
:ph34r:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
With regards to Whether Ryder > Taylor in tests. I was having this conversation today. I think it is too soon to tell. Right now for me Ryder = Taylor. Give Ryder another ten test matches and then I think we will know. Of the two of them I prefer Taylor's technique.

Dissapointed with Kane's dismissal - I thought a forward defence would have been better than an attempted drive through the on side. Needs to give respect to Khan.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
With regards to Whether Ryder > Taylor in tests. I was having this conversation today. I think it is too soon to tell. Right now for me Ryder = Taylor. Give Ryder another ten test matches and then I think we will know. Of the two of them I prefer Taylor's technique.

Dissapointed with Kane's dismissal - I thought a forward defence would have been better than an attempted drive through the on side. Needs to give respect to Khan.
Ryder is a flukey batsman tbh
taylor > Ryder always.

Gambhir had so much luck in his innings. Deserved to get out!!

Spark

Global Moderator
Interesting little observation at the end of cricinfo's PotD article:

Reactions of the day
The modern fields of modern captains usually involve placing fielders on the boundary rather early in the innings to control the run flow. Dhoni began with men round the bat and in the circle for the spinners, but it took only one slog sweep from Jesse Ryder - off Ojha's second ball in the sixth over of the day - for him to push Sehwag from midwicket to deep midwicket. When Vettori was bowling later in the evening, Sehwag slog swept him to the vacant midwicket boundary to move to 96. Vettori continued operating with that part of the field unprotected and, a ball later, Sehwag aimed to bring up his century in that region and was bowled.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Update

Day 1:
SA 311-3
NZ 258-4

Day 2 Drinks:
NZ 310-6
SA 329-6

Day 2 Lunch:
SA 365-9
NZ 341-9

Day 2 Tea:
IND 62-0
PAK 88-0

Day 2:
IND 178-2
PAK 144-2

tbc..
:ph34r:

Shri

Mr. Glass
I wouldn't be at all surprised if this pitch really starts breaking down by the 4th day - look at Mohali.

Have faith, mon ami.
The pitch is fine, has decent bounce. If the outfield were a bit more rough, Zaheer would generate reverse swing. This series has missed that part in the pace bowling so far.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah but whilst rough outfields are good for reverse swing, they are **** to field on.

The more flush fields the better Indian ground fielding will get.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah but whilst rough outfields are good for reverse swing, they are **** to field on.

The more flush fields the better Indian ground fielding will get.
The fielding won't improve unless U10 kids are made to field on 'em and made to lose the fear to dive around.