• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where in the world is Zulqarnain Haider?

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Is it wrong that the first thing I thought of was 'how good a movie would this all be?' :ph34r:

Also, I'm glad Haider is ok. I'm a fan of him as a cricketer, hope things sort themselves out for him. I totally understand why he justed wanted out of Dubai.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Is it wrong that the first thing I thought of was 'how good a movie would this all be?' :ph34r:

Also, I'm glad Haider is ok. I'm a fan of him as a cricketer, hope things sort themselves out for him. I totally understand why he justed wanted out of Dubai.
No you were quite right. You have to read the article from Tariq Ali posted here by Angad to gauge how dangerous these things can be.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I was expecting a more detailed article actually but nevertheless nice read and thank you for sharing.

smash84

The Tiger King
the people who threatened him are presumably underground mafia types....and the original allegations implicated indian bookmakers
errr......for some reason we always tend to end up blaming others far too often for my liking.........

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Not sure if its already been mentioned and I apologise if it has but he's confirmed he's seeking asylum.

Sky Sports | Cricket | Internationals | Pakistan | Haider seeking asylum

If the aforementioned has taken place I wish him all the luck in the world in being able to get asylum here as it looks very likely from what I can see that he will be at risk back in Pakistan from the criminal underworld. I hope that he tells the ICC everything he knows in relation to other people within the organisation should there still be some dodgyness there.

I wonder if he'll carry on playing cricket within England for a county as he definitely looks good enough to play at that level. In 5 years time he could be playing for England :ph34r:

Shri

Mr. Glass
He doesn't have to tell the ICC anything since he has retired(assuming he isn't going to be playing county cricket). He should open his mouth only when he feels everyone close to him is safe imo. Shouldn't be pressurized into revealing anything that could jeopardize another person's life.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Didn't a prominent Pakistani ex-politician who had sought asylum get assassinated a couple of months ago in London? Doesn't sound like the poor guy had/has any good choices.