• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where in the world is Zulqarnain Haider?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
30 runs in an over are an average occurance in that cricket and then it was an 8 ball over bowled by a guy who never bowls plus the offside wide rule looks very harsh, 46 is quite possible to score I reckon.
They needed 36 off 6. That was possible one of the worst bowing performances I have ever seen.

The 2nd ball of the over was hit for 6 then the whole team gathers around the bowler as if in panic. They need 36 off 6. Chill the **** out. He then goes on to bowl 6 no-balls with a misdirected bouncer. That is on the boneheaded side of foolish. There is no way Aus can win that game unless Pakistan melt down. And what a melt down it was.

Im not sure I have seen anyone less clutch or throw a game away like that. One of Pickup's Under 9s could have bowled that last over and 9 times out of 10 they would have won.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am starting to think that Pakistan not playing cricket until all this gets sorted out would be the best solution for all involved.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know how this spot fixing is still going on? Who on earth is still betting on Pakistan cricket?

smash84

The Tiger King
What the hell is really going on???? I remember an article from an influential Pakistani writer Tariq Ali which stated that Bob Woolmer and Hansie lost their lives because of this ring. At the time I was thinking that maybe it was just a conspiracy theory. Now I am not so sure.

morgieb

Time to ban Pakistan IMO. Can't play cricket without controversy surrounding them.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jesus that's sad. Really seemed a gutsy young player, hope the situation gets sorted and he returns to the fold as he clearly loves having the opportunity to play for his country, which seems to be more than you can say for some of his recent teammates. Have to admire the balls though, good on him for making a stand.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistani cricketer gets involves in fixing.

Reaction:Ban Pakistan.

Pakistani cricketer takes a stand against fixing.

IMO Haider acted foolishly he was in Dubai headquarters of ICC had he gone straight to them after the threat they would have handled the situation much better then how he himself has. done.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Have to feel he ran because this runs high in the PCB and he didn't think he could trust going there.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

IMO Haider acted foolishly he was in Dubai headquarters of ICC had he gone straight to them after the threat they would have handled the situation much better then how he himself has. done.
But if he felt there was a real risk of security in that country, what would he do? ICC is just an organization.. If the crooks are big shots in the country and had the help of the local police, it is a no-brainer.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
But when he leaves the UK, wouldn't they stamp the visa in his passport as 'used', meaning he would need a new one to enter the UK again? Unless it is one of those multiple entry visas.

I feel bad for him for being in this situation, and I don't blame him for a minute for doing a runner.
Depends, he can have a multiple visa too. You can travel back and forth on it. As a player when he toured England, he may have had that one.

But then again the United Nations Geneva Convention (i think thats what its called) allows him to surrender at the airport and file for the asylum in England if his life is in danger. He might even be granted permanent residency of England based on how strong his case is.

Xuhaib

International Coach
But if he felt there was a real risk of security in that country, what would he do? ICC is just an organization.. If the crooks are big shots in the country and had the help of the local police, it is a no-brainer.
would never happen Dubai main attraction is tourism and an international cricket getting killed or kidnapped would seriously damage its credibility especially at a time when the business is just starting to pick up, bet he was safe as a baby over there.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain

I know but to be honest, if someone approached me like that and threatened to kill me or something or my family, my first priority would be to contact either the police or just leave the place. ICC, ACSU, PCB....i can't say how these guys would have handled things but i am damn sure that contacting these guys would not be my priority mentally speaking.

Moreover, how can you trust this Pak side anyways, who knows if the Akmal brothers are involved to get rid of Haider so that they can get back there jobs. And who knows if PCB higher ups are also involved or not.....i mean, i being a Pakistani can't trust these guys myself i don't know how he would have.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I know but to be honest, if someone approached me like that and threatened to kill me or something or my family, my first priority would be to contact either the police or just leave the place. ICC, ACSU, PCB....i can't say how these guys would have handled things but i am damn sure that contacting these guys would not be my priority mentally speaking.

Moreover, how can you trust this Pak side anyways, who knows if the Akmal brothers are involved to get rid of Haider so that they can get back there jobs. And who knows if PCB higher ups are also involved or not.....i mean, i being a Pakistani can't trust these guys myself i don't know how he would have.
Yeah I know I'd be running for the safest destination possible overseas than possibly confiding in an organisation that can really provide little safety

Xuhaib

International Coach
anyways Mr Haider has to provide solid evidance of the threats he recieved otherwise ICC and PCB could take him to task and he might be playing Illford sunday league for the rest of his career.

angad

U19 12th Man
Breaking News :

Dunya TV, Pakistan's News Channel - News of The World (NOTW) is behind threatening Zulqarnain Haider!

It seems all staged by PCB, to save Butt/Amir/Asif? It will backfire IMO. :ph34r:

_Ed_

would never happen Dubai main attraction is tourism and an international cricket getting killed or kidnapped would seriously damage its credibility especially at a time when the business is just starting to pick up, bet he was safe as a baby over there.
But crime most certainly has taken place against high-profile international visitors to Dubai. For example:
BBC News - Hamas military commander 'assassinated in Dubai'

If the threats against Haider were coming from within Dubai, I don't blame him at all for wanting to get the **** out of there as soon as he could. I wouldn't feel comfortable being in the same city as someone who was making serious threats against me.