• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Bobisback

International Regular
Sitting here thinking, will watch this until Sehwag gets out. Wonder what percent of viewers will switch off at the same time as me. Would be an interesting stat to see.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep pretty much just slagging off us the whole time. :(
To be fair on them, what positives are there to say about us, I'm beginning to wonder if we may have to face up to the fact we've reached 'minnow' status these days

Last edited:

BeeGee

International Captain
Sitting here thinking, will watch this until Sehwag gets out. Wonder what percent of viewers will switch off at the same time as me. Would be an interesting stat to see.
Going without sleep for 2.5 days can be dangerous.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag's strike rate now is over 82.01, which is the highest strike rate among all batsmen with over 3000 runs in Tests....
Is there anyone with more than 2000 who has a higher SR? Only higher SR I can think of is Afridi's, and he has 1716 runs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's no reason he can't bat the whole day unless he does something stupid. On this slow dead pitch against arguably the weakest bowling attack in the world, only he can get himself out. Should easily get to 200 (or possibly 250) by the close of play

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Sehwag's eyeing a 100 before lunch I think.
Surprised he hasn't done this yet. Will be amazed if he never manages it, surely the best placed to do it in terms of ability and opportunity (opening, in India...).

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
From cricinfo commentary:

So yet another Sehwag session - 87 off 84 out of India's 127 for 1 in 30 overs. That means the rest scored 40 in 16 overs. That's what Sehwag does. This pitch is not that easy for run scoring. It won't threaten to take you wicket, but it is so slow that playing shots is a struggle.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Surprised he hasn't done this yet. Will be amazed if he never manages it, surely the best placed to do it in terms of ability and opportunity (opening, in India...).
He got close in 06 against WI.. was on 96 I think. I will be surprised as well. But I don't think he himself cares too much.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Afridi's the only one with a higher strike rate even when you count everyone with just 500 runs.
Yeah, figured as much. Just thought BI must have chosen the 3000 run qualification for a reason so I might have been forgetting someone.