• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warne vs Murali Discussion

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well at least no one's yet brought up batting and fielding when we are comparing them as bowlers...

I think you can use big matches such as WC finals as an example of how a player performs under pressure, but it's unfair if you're comparing two blokes where one hasn't played in many/ any.

Having said that, I have raised the WC finals theory to debunk the utter dross of Nick Knight > Gilchrist in ODIs, so I'm guilty in that regard ;)

Edit: this post is directed at HB's btw :)
Gilchrist would have been by far a better ODI player than Nick Knight even if he had made 3 golden ducks and dropped 5 catches in each of his WC finals.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well at least no one's yet brought up batting and fielding when we are comparing them as bowlers...

I think you can use big matches such as WC finals as an example of how a player performs under pressure, but it's unfair if you're comparing two blokes where one hasn't played in many/ any.

Having said that, I have raised the WC finals theory to debunk the utter dross of Nick Knight > Gilchrist in ODIs, so I'm guilty in that regard ;)

Edit: this post is directed at HB's btw :)
Yeah.. But for arguments' sake, you got a guy who failed in one WC final and did well in the other, how is he better than a guy who has never played in one... It just seems so random and something you are using to knock a guy down. Pressure really depends on the team and the player. I can argue that a Pakistan player feels more pressure in a sharjah cup final than an Aussie player in his 3rd consecutive WC final... And there is the match situation, how much your team depends on you etc. etc. Its not like WC KO games are the only times these players encounter pressure. I dare say most people encounter even more pressure filled situations even outside these games.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Gilchrist would have been by far a better ODI player than Nick Knight even if he had made 3 golden ducks and dropped 5 catches in each of his WC finals.
haha.. AWTA.. This is NOT a knock on Knight.. He is a very fine ODI player. Amongst the best England has produced. But Gilly was just a freak!!!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
:laugh:

“You goddamn right. I would have had her ass tap-dancing Larry. I don’t **** around. Gimme that goddamn number I will go over there and twist that ass up, Larry. I’ll have her ass twisted like a pretzel. You should have broke that ass in two pieces, know what I’m sayin? You should have came back with the bottom half of that ass.”

Ruckus

International Captain
:laugh:

“You goddamn right. I would have had her ass tap-dancing Larry. I don’t **** around. Gimme that goddamn number I will go over there and twist that ass up, Larry. I’ll have her ass twisted like a pretzel. You should have broke that ass in two pieces, know what I’m sayin? You should have came back with the bottom half of that ass.”
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

ahhh god, Endless laughter. It is one of the few shows which actually get funnier on each subsequent viewing.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have you met Richard?
Yeah, I've read some of his posts. Quite like him TBF. :ph34r:

Though, he does have his blind spots (Hayden?), I guess. But surely he wouldn't argue Knight was anywhere near Gilchrist as an ODI player?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

Though, he does have his blind spots (Hayden?), I guess. But surely he wouldn't argue Knight was anywhere near Gilchrist as an ODI player?
Richard has a few loose screws

Flem274*

123/5

Sorry, but that's a poor list. There are some wholly mediocre players in there (Hayden, Gibbs, Gilchrist, some might say Gayle). Nick Knight > all the aforementioned as far as I'm concerned.
There you go.