• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in Australia 2010

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the Australian selectors view Smith as our number or T20 spinner. The main reason he isn't playing though is to allow Hauritz to play the Sheffield Shield game.
Ah right, I missed him when I looked at the scorecard to see how Hughes and Khawaja had done.

What's Steve O'Keefe like, I see he's in the squad? Is he any good?

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Ah right, I missed him when I looked at the scorecard to see how Hughes and Khawaja had done.

What's Steve O'Keefe like, I see he's in the squad? Is he any good?
Steve O'Keefe is serviceable. Bowls a tidy line without being overly threatening. I see very little difference between O'Keefe and Hauritz in the shorter formats other than O'Keefe is a good bat. He took 7 or 8 wickets in the first Shield game so he is being mentioned already for Ashes selection (our selection policies are truly that bad when it comes to spinners). O'Keefe was probably never going to play tonight though with Smith playing the lone spinner. It hasn't been the bowlers letting things down tonight though.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Steve O'Keefe is serviceable. Bowls a tidy line without being overly threatening. I see very little difference between O'Keefe and Hauritz in the shorter formats other than O'Keefe is a good bat. He took 7 or 8 wickets in the first Shield game so he is being mentioned already for Ashes selection (our selection policies are truly that bad when it comes to spinners). O'Keefe was probably never going to play tonight though with Smith playing the lone spinner. It hasn't been the bowlers letting things down tonight though.
Awesome, thanks. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hating Australian Cricket atm. Focusing on stupid formats, the selection panel is terrible, Channel 9 is dire and Michael Clarke.

The Shield the only thing worth watching. Get PEWS to replace Sutherland and Pasag in for Hilditch asap.

And how can you not love Sri Lanka? Randiv WAG.

Selling my Ashes tickets aws.

EDIT: And when did we decide that picking fast bowlers is always the best option? Give me four guys that will put it on a length for goodness sake.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I love that O'Keefe is tidy though. He bowls such a good line and length and rarely bowls a bad ball. Will turn them on a 4th/5th day wicket aswell.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wow, we really suck at this T20 stuff don't we?

Batsmen were ****, bowlers bowled too much dross, fielders weren't sharp enough...

Punter better have his whip out.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The rubbish spouted by Healy about the Aussies not being used to the conditions was funny in the post match interview.They are at home for christs sake.That was really clutching at straws.:laugh:

Credit to Clarke for dismissing it as nonsense.