• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Anything Less than a 3-0 in test series will be a great performance for nz,looking forward to watching bennet.
Performances in Bangladesh have been way overrated. He was wayward which is acceptable but he wasn’t even quicker than Mark Gillespie. He seems about as "hitable" and gun barrel as Gillespie as well.

Has Mills retired from tests or something? Should be him, Tuffey and Southee or Arnel in the test series.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Performances in Bangladesh have been way overrated. He was wayward which is acceptable but he wasn’t even quicker than Mark Gillespie. He seems about as "hitable" and gun barrel as Gillespie as well.

Has Mills retired from tests or something? Should be him, Tuffey and Southee or Arnel in the test series.
Reckon Gillespie at his peak probably would have struggled tor each the pace Bennett did in that heat. Bennett clearly doesn't have enough in the armory yet to bowl well at Test level though.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
If Athlai wins he should make your avatar the cricinfo profile pic of Hopkins (or one with a glint of sun on his head) with the words "The shining light" below.:ph34r:
I refuse to acknowledge that this is a possibility. Meanwhile I will have to search for an appropriately downcast image of Hopkins to emblazon the words ****kins on, which shouldn't be hard as I'll just look on cricinfo for a picture of him after he's played all around a straight one for the umpteenth time.

And Athlai, yes deal.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
With our reduced test bowling stocks atm it would be a perfect time for fringe test bowlers like Mills or Gillespie to have a final shot at clinching a spot in the team. Both have briefly been competitive in tests but have not made a habit of it.

Though I'm not sure if either of them have it in them to lift their game at this stage of their careers, and of course Gillespie has ongoing injury problems (am not sure of latest status of these).

Flem274*

123/5

Got more movement than Gillespie tbh.

Gillespie gets his wickets because he has an awkward length and a Wellington gale at his back. Bennett is more of a time bomb. Has all the tools but struggles to string two top matches together.

Bennett will cop some hits, and it might well be the ruin of him in tests (along with his fitness), but he has a few more assets than Gilles-piethrower and is only 23, so he's worth a shot.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
By what standards is he a number 7 ....comparing him to past NZ number 7s he is not of that ilk.
His FC average is four runs higher than Adam Parore, who I believe batted at 7 for a fair bit of his career.

Flem274*

123/5
Nah, Wells.

WELLS.
Lies. Howsie to confirm his gunness.
awta

Howsie wouldn't know a gun if he shot himself in the head.
:laugh:

Someone from CW needs to go to a match he plays and see what exactly the **** he bowls like. Accounts vary from dibbly dobbly swing bowler to bang it in at 140 clicks with seam movement. Likewise some say his batting has real potential (was an opener at youth level apparently) and others say he's a lower order hitter and no more.

I think I need to post **** about him. if he's quick, the fast bowlers club will sign up again and we'll know what he actually bowls.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
awta

:laugh:

Someone from CW needs to go to a match he plays and see what exactly the **** he bowls like. Accounts vary from dibbly dobbly swing bowler to bang it in at 140 clicks with seam movement. Likewise some say his batting has real potential (was an opener at youth level apparently) and others say he's a lower order hitter and no more.

I think I need to post **** about him. if he's quick, the fast bowlers club will sign up again and we'll know what he actually bowls.
I think Howsie has actually seen him bowl - he was on the 140 clicks side of the debate IIRC.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
His FC average is four runs higher than Adam Parore, who I believe batted at 7 for a fair bit of his career.
I recall Parore batting at 3 for NZ in a test match when walking wicket, Lee German was captain. Loved NZ back then. Cool team to watch, seem to recall a group of them wearing black trainers in ODIs which I found rather neat.

Flem274*

123/5
I recall Parore batting at 3 for NZ in a test match when walking wicket, Lee German was captain. Loved NZ back then. Cool team to watch, seem to recall a group of them wearing black trainers in ODIs which I found rather neat.
Adam Parore batting at three was so random.