• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** T20 Champions League in South Africa

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The batting was about Jacobs the whole tournament so they need one or two good middle order batsmen. You know they're in trouble when Botha bats as high as no 6.
But the Warriors number 8 has scored just one less ODI hundred than Suresh Raina (and averaged more than Raina when batting top 4 for RSA in 20+ ODI). :ph34r:

Just needed a Neil Mac type of cricketer at four, not a Kreusch or Thyssen.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Jacobs will get huge contract in this year's auction.....Flinch?well Rajasthan keeps him or not?????

When was the last time a bowler/Spinner received Man of the Series

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Csk have been smart in auctions tbf, backing them to make some good decisions. But I don't know if I would like the new side as much.
Tbf, having the Board Secretary as the Owner helps in the acutions, as was revealed in recent disclosures about the IPL.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Davey Jacobs to be Chennai’s new opener. CSK owe him a few bob as well, particularly as Jacobs told his side not to bother chasing down Chennai’s total in the group stages…

Disappointing display by the Warriors but they didn’t look comfortable against spin all tournament, only thrived when facing hack Aussie spinners. Defeat would have been on a far greater scale in the final was held at Centurion. They should be back next year as they have the attack, just need a real partner for Jacobs (JJ Smuts...) and someone in the middle order who is not a provincial cricketer.
yeah tats wat he told...and tats why he was gng hammer and tongs at the start. Face it, buddy.. He was not sure if they ll even get 109 if they went for broke after being 3 down that game and were outplayed by the better team... Jeez, is it so hard to accept a team has done better than yours these days? 8-)

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
yeah tats wat he told...and tats why he was gng hammer and tongs at the start. Face it, buddy.. He was not sure if they ll even get 109 if they went for broke after being 3 down that game and were outplayed by the better team... Jeez, is it so hard to accept a team has done better than yours these days? 8-)
I don’t support the Warriors, dip****.

Shri

Mr. Glass
@HB
Whoa, I seem to have missed the issue and can't understand. Any articles that someone can link me to so that I can read up on it? Thanks.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
@HB
Whoa, I seem to have missed the issue and can't understand. Any articles that someone can link me to so that I can read up on it? Thanks.
juz chk out Cricinfo.. Basically it was some papers revealed through one of the TV channels in India and it claimed that Modi and Srinivasan helped fix up the auction in IPL2 such that CSK got Flintoff... Don't really understand coz the way it all turned out, he actually cost us 1 or 2 games and never played in any part in us winning any game in that IPL.

shivfan

Banned
No, they could not have done, partly because of the weather and partly because it would've lead to other games needing postponing.

You're someone who complained the other week about games going on in mid-September then next you advocate putting games into October. 8-)
The temperature this week is the same as it was on the final week of county cricket, so there was nothing stopping them from postponing those two games....
:)
The stands were empty for most of the matches in the last week of county cricket, so it really would've made no difference to the three men and a dog who turned up to watch county cricket in mid-September.

So, yes, if the ECB really wanted Somerset and Hampshire to play, they could've postponed their two games to this week. But, they wanted to maintain the 'drama' of the final week of the domestic competition, so they made their choice. The thing is, the 'drama' was only appreciated by the media, because the fans stayed away....

Let me repeat: I have no problem with the ECB considering their county cricket to be more important than the Champions League, but IMHO, it was their decision to be inflexible, and not to take part in the CL. If they wanted to accommodate the two counties participation in the CL, they could've....

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol... try to read up a bit before passing inane comments like that. That jersey with that number was gifted to him by the CSK owners as a recognition of his achievement.
I realise that actually, but it's not like Murali couldn't say 'no thanks'.

Hayden should wear #8625 in his next match.