• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Shri

Mr. Glass
'Trott accidentally struck Riaz with his pads as he took them off',I just can't seem to get the picture in my head, of how you hit somebody with your pads when your taking them off,very strange.
Depends on where Riaz's head was at that time tbh.:ph34r:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol, I'm sure the police often investigate people being hit in the face by a cricket pad. Handbags, much?

Edit: lol, I just read down. Pakistan calling off the match because of a thrown cricket pad would have been hilarious in the circumstances.
Werent Eng the team who threatened to call it off?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Werent Eng the team who threatened to call it off?
In the article Faisal posted:

Afridi said:
After the altercation between Trott and Riaz, Afridi confirmed that there were suggestions Pakistan should not play the match in protest. “But we finally decided that it wouldn’t be appropriate,” said Afridi, praising his team for their spirit.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Would love to see Pakistan getting dicked, if for no other reason than to shove it right to that massive **** Ijaz Butt and the cheats in Pakistani cricket.
:laugh: do you seriously think Butt gives damn about Pakistan or Pakistan cricket the guy does not let the best test batsman to get in the team just because he does not say sorry to him for a crime he never committed.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Remarkable that Shoaib who is overweight and looks on death doors after 1 over will complete a full limited overs series. When in pomp he could hardly string two games together. Still great to watch mind, him and Razzaq, who must be approaching his 40th birthday given how immobile he is in the field and alarming lack of pace are still worth their weight in gold. Shoaib has made Trott look minor.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Remarkable that Shoaib who is overweight and looks on death doors after 1 over will complete a full limited overs series. When in pomp he could hardly string two games together. Still great to watch mind, him and Razzaq, who must be approaching his 40th birthday given how immobile he is in the field and alarming lack of pace are still worth their weight in gold. Shoaib has made Trott look minor.
amazing that at 35 and with such fitness(lack of) he still looks better then 95% of current fast bowlers just goes to show how much he underachieved given his talents.

If I was god I would feel aggrieved why I wasted all that talent on Aamer,Asif and Shoaib..

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
If I was god I would feel aggrieved why I wasted all that talent on Aamer,Asif and Shoaib..
If you were God, Shoaib might also feel aggrieved at you for giving him that talent only for you to also create trashy ho's, STDs, and fried chicken. Sadist.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Good delivery from Shoaib, but some poor batting from Trott. Feet didn't move and there was a huge gap between bat and pad. We're going to lose this game.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't worry. They'll be still be hurling the ball into the pitch to get reverse swing after about 20 overs. Ajmal will still be chucking his doosra every over. The rest on the field will still be saying things that need the umpire to intervene. A proven steroid cheat will still be allowed to play with barely a slap on the wrist. And the PCB will still be trying to find ways to avoid the three spot-fixers getting banned. It says something when Afridi is one of the more likeable players in the Pakistan side, he's only danced on the pitch and chewed on a ball.

How do you not get up for beating a bunch like this is absolutely beyond me.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Though Akthar has made mistakes in the past, I just cannot stop loving him tbh. One of the greatest entertainers ever. Have Shine On You Crazy Diamond playing in my head when he's bowling.