• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** T20 Champions League in South Africa

Shri

Mr. Glass
Mind you, they have played an IPL over in South Africa. Shouldn't be that alien to them; and they also would have more experience in these conditions with the number of international players on their books.
Played at different points of the SA domestic season tbf.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mind you, they have played an IPL over in South Africa. Shouldn't be that alien to them; and they also would have more experience in these conditions with the number of international players on their books.
This, it shouldn't be an excuse.

shivfan

Banned
Dowlin was unfortunate to be given out lbw, but aside from Sarwan and Jacobs, none of the other batsmen really got starts....

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Some terrible games in this tournament. Today’s game shows the level of difference between South Africa and West Indian domestic cricket. Both teams are largely comprised of domestic players, and yet the Lions simply in a whole other class.

taipan1

U19 12th Man
Some terrible games in this tournament. Today’s game shows the level of difference between South Africa and West Indian domestic cricket. Both teams are largely comprised of domestic players, and yet the Lions simply in a whole other class.

Really. I think both teams are wholly comprised of local players, whilst the international superstars of the IPL are running at 4/8

G.I.Joe

International Coach
The IPL teams are highly disadvantaged by the mercenary factor, though. The Redbacks play together all year round, and they even had a 3 month camp prior to the CLT20. The IPL teams get together twice a year, and even there they are affected by international players sometimes being absent due to their international commitments. It's a massive disadvantage that even the quality of players can't compensate for.

Last edited:

taipan1

U19 12th Man
The IPL teams are highly disadvantaged by the mercenary factor, though. The Redbacks play together all year round, and they even had a 3 month camp prior to the CLT20. The IPL teams get together twice a year, and even there they are affected by international players sometimes being absent due to their international commitments. It's a massive disadvantage that even the quality of players can't compensate for.
Exactly, which is why many rate the IPL as an overrated competition. Take away the razzmatazz there is not much left.

And I seriously doubt that the Redbacks had a 3 month camp to prepare for this.

Flem274*

123/5
Nah, the IPL teams have enough quality to easily be very competitive. Obviously they won't win every game, but they'll always be up there.

The Ross Taylor stealing ****s.

Daemon

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure MI has the most productive last 5 overs in this tournament.

vcs

Mumbai should really win it from here... but let's see if they can find a way to bottle it yet again.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
this should improve MI's NRR... hopefully Bangalore beat Lions next game =)

EDIT: kholi needs to stop with the sixes =(