• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** T20 Champions League in South Africa

Migara

International Coach
Should've been Bliinger or Murali easily. Seeing how restrained they were against Murali, he would have been the 1st choice to go. Ashwin is a good spinner but not good enough against the best.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ashwin is a wicket taker. That's not the main goal in a super over. Plus he'd been spanked for sixes that day, so why on Earth bring him on.

Relaly don't understand it.

Dussey though. :cool:

Sir Alex

Banned
So who brought Raina to bowl?? Dhoni...

Funny how captains get slagged for things which they can't control beyond a point... In fact I'd back anyday Ashwin to bowl a good over above Raina.. today just wasn't that day...

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So far the IPL teams are backing up my theory that the actual standard of cricket in the IPL is pretty crap... losing to every half-decent foreign team they come up against.

Sir Alex

Banned
So far the IPL teams are backing up my theory that the actual standard of cricket in the IPL is pretty crap... losing to every half-decent foreign team they come up against.
Don't think CSK has been horrid tbh... but agreed, other IPL teams have failed to impress, although tbf they are playing in relatively alien conditions as compared to SA and Aus teams...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So who brought Raina to bowl?? Dhoni...

Funny how captains get slagged for things which they can't control beyond a point... In fact I'd back anyday Ashwin to bowl a good over above Raina.. today just wasn't that day...
Oh come on now. No one here is denying Dhoni is generally a terrific captain. But today wasn't Ashwin's day BEFORE the super over. So it was the wrong decision.

I agree Dhoni bringing on Raina was a good move. CSK were desperate and it almost came off.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The IPL teams are playing better this year than last year, why is it confirmed now?

In fact, an IPL team has a much better chance of winning the whole thing compared to last year.

vcs

The IPL teams are playing better this year than last year, why is it confirmed now?

In fact, an IPL team has a much better chance of winning the whole thing compared to last year.
Because I didn't follow the tournament at all last year. ;)

vcs

I also have a bit of an IPL-bashing agenda going on at the moment TBH. :ph34r:

Not that it has anything to do with my posts on this subject. :ph34r:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The IPL teams are pretty awesome tbh. There are some fantastic players in there.
Yeah, still reckon Chennai and Bangalore could go far in this tournament. Mumbai, not sure if they will qualify, but if they will they're also a strong chance.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
liked the way CSK came back. Thought they were dead and buried by the 15th over. As the cricinfo article said the other day, there is something building with CSK and it is an absolute shame it is gonna go down the drains due to the fresh auctions. Honestly, IPL was doing fine with 8 teams. Good leagues don't just add teams out of nowhere.. :(

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Don't think CSK has been horrid tbh... but agreed, other IPL teams have failed to impress, although tbf they are playing in relatively alien conditions as compared to SA and Aus teams...
Mind you, they have played an IPL over in South Africa. Shouldn't be that alien to them; and they also would have more experience in these conditions with the number of international players on their books.