• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Xuhaib

International Coach
I know we are not spoiled with batting riches but how the **** can Hafeez open for a international ODI in this day and age.The idiot bats at a SR of 60 and once he reaches 30 he gets out.

So bloody annoying.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I guess its too late now, but Anwer Ali may have been a better choice over Irfan.

Was watching his exploits in the U19 WC Final against India....

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember seeing footage of him playing in Malaysia or Hong Kong on YT but it's not there any more. His action was vastly different but whether he's a lesser bowler, not sure. Lucky to still be playing at all with that big lean he used to have.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

I remember seeing footage of him playing in Malaysia or Hong Kong on YT but it's not there any more. His action was vastly different but whether he's a lesser bowler, not sure. Lucky to still be playing at all with that big lean he used to have.
yeah the lean to his left eh..?

I guess that was the reason he was able to angle the ball in and get that massive inswing..

Last i saw him was in RBS T20.....was clocking above 140 on Karachi pitches....but not the same movement..

Xuhaib

International Coach
Anwar Ali is not even among the best 5 back up bowlers last I heard he was developing his batting and trying to make it as a bowling all rounder as both Razzaq and Arafat are now on their last legs.

Infact the back up fast bowling resources are quite thin at the moment something which would not have been felt since the Asif-Aamer-Gul trio could have continued for atleast 5 years without any issues barring any injury.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Remember he came out to bat early against us one time, looked ungainly and with little technique, but had a decent eye.

Think you linked to an article about him earlier, but always fancied Jamshed Ahmed more, maybe just a little bit short for the top level though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I have often seen Anwar Ali at the gym he does seem to lift heavy and his body does look quite big and stiff for a fast bowler wonder did that have an impact on his natural action which aided him with the massive inswing.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I have often seen Anwar Ali at the gym he does seem to lift heavy and his body does look quite big and stiff for a fast bowler wonder did that have an impact on his natural action which aided him with the massive inswing.
Someone who is effective at training to be a fast bowler will never sacrifice flexibility for strength, let alone size.

Faisal1985

Anwar Ali is not even among the best 5 back up bowlers last I heard he was developing his batting and trying to make it as a bowling all rounder as both Razzaq and Arafat are now on their last legs.

Infact the back up fast bowling resources are quite thin at the moment something which would not have been felt since the Asif-Aamer-Gul trio could have continued for atleast 5 years without any issues barring any injury.
Well ofcourse not one of the best back up bowler. But relatively speaking, if you keep Mohammad Irfan in mind then Anwer Ali may not have been that bad a choice with some bat to go with it. Plus he did cause serious problems for Sialkot in the RBS T20 when i saw it....but things may have changed now for him...

Jacknife

International Captain
I guess its too late now, but Anwer Ali may have been a better choice over Irfan.

Was watching his exploits in the U19 WC Final against India....
Yes, I remember him bowling in that final with those freakish inswingers with the white ball,some of the biggest swing I've seen with the white ball.

Faisal1985

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Collingwood out with a virus for England leaves our batting lineup looking very shaky; especially when you have Wright coming in as his replacement.

Best chance Pakistan will have to win in this series as long as they can take their catches and not get rolled over.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Should really have called Ian Bell up to replace Collingwood. Leaves the batting looking slightly thin with Bopara at 5 and Wright at 6. I'm hoping it's enough, but I'm not particularly confident. Just hope we bowl better with the new ball, could do with some swing!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pakistans line-up look a lot better with Razzaq in, could give them much needed lower-order runs, and tightens the bowling up too.

Should of brought in Hildreth TBH:)

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
There we go. A beauty from Anderson. A little bit of movement in the air and off the deck, squared Hafeez up perfectly. Well bowled Sir.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Collingwood out with a virus for England leaves our batting lineup looking very shaky; especially when you have Wright coming in as his replacement.

Best chance Pakistan will have to win in this series as long as they can take their catches and not get rolled over.
Reading this post in Boni's voice was a pleasure.