• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** T20 Champions League in South Africa

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't even mention the 50. I said he's one of SA's most valuable players with bat and ball, only Jack specifically mentioned 50's.

The guy's a solid state cricketer, good contributor. Calling him bloody useless just because he's not awesome is pretty damn harsh.
As I say, this is merely from what I've seen, which tends to involve Australian ODI cricket and English county cricket, he has never performed well with the ball or the bat. It would seem that statistically, I have seen the worst of him and he tends to perform in Australian OD cricket and in FC cricket with the ball and the bat, so my mistake.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
These are the only two guys in the team who've ever faced anything like this kind of pace regularly. If CD aren't to be embarrassed they're gonna have to score the vast majority of runs.

Flem274*

123/5
These are the only two guys in the team who've ever faced anything like this kind of pace regularly. If CD aren't to be embarrassed they're gonna have to score the vast majority of runs.
At least the batting has had a rejig.

But what the **** have we done to the bowling? They even dropped Milne ffs. Need a full compliment from Worker as well Unless Diamanti is back in business.

Foot. Shoot. Ourselves.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
At least the batting has had a rejig.

But what the **** have we done to the bowling? They even dropped Milne ffs. Need a full compliment from Worker as well Unless Diamanti is back in business.

Foot. Shoot. Ourselves.
Both Milne and Mcleneghanahgnahanwhatever are out sick.

Flem274*

123/5
Surely they should be okay regarding the speed of Siddle, at 135-140kph, atm.
For the majority of domestic batsmen you can add 5ks to a bowlers speed. We can make them look quick. That's why people keep rating some of our dudes as extremely quick only for them to end up at around 143kph.

The better bowlers in our domestic stuff generally bowl around 135kph.

Flem274*

123/5
It'd be pushing it. There aren't many guys in NZ domestic who can keep up that pace consistently, sad as it is to say.
Reckon someone nippy at the Basin with the wind at their back could be genuinely scary. They say Gillespie and McKay get near 150kph sometimes. Of course we don't have the speedgun to tell.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
It'd be pushing it. There aren't many guys in NZ domestic who can keep up that pace consistently, sad as it is to say.
Yeh, I understand, I guess it is probably the same with India, except we have very few who bowl at over 130kph, never mind 135kph.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
That's true, I remember I was at a state shield game at the Basin a couple of years ago and there was a Northerly gale bowling through and Gillespie looked like he would've been bowling high 140's. Still didn't stop him from going at 6+ an over.

Bon voyage skippy.

Last edited: