• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

KP dropped ; vents anger on twitter

Blog it for six

Cricket Spectator
Out for 1 off 23 balls today, Surrey collapsing. Not a great match.
I just can't figure the guy out. Scores a second ball duck, a century and a very painful 1! I'm not sure if he needs more cricket or less of it, as it almost looks like he is banging his head against a brick wall and getting nowhere.

Regardless of what happens in SA, he's sure to get his place straight back in the test team ready for the first test at Brisbane ... I only hope his head is in the right place by then, with some much needed confidence.

tooextracool

International Coach
Ive been one of his biggest detractors over the past couple of years, but Im glad that he made this move. If we were to nitpick, he would have been better off playing for a state side in Australia before the series but I dont think it matters too much and Im glad hes made the effort to actually get his game and career back in tact.

Blog it for six

Cricket Spectator
Ive been one of his biggest detractors over the past couple of years, but Im glad that he made this move. If we were to nitpick, he would have been better off playing for a state side in Australia before the series but I dont think it matters too much and Im glad hes made the effort to actually get his game and career back in tact.
I wondered about him playing in Aus too?! If the ECB asked an Aussie State side to take our best player into their fold to get him some much needed practice, then I'm assuming that they would've said no, being that its so close to the ashes..?

stumpski

International Captain
Well quite, it's not as if a county team signed up one of Australia's batsmen, say Phillip Hughes, for a few weeks before last year's series ... oh, wait ...

Quaggas

State Captain
Well quite, it's not as if a county team signed up one of Australia's batsmen, say Phillip Hughes, for a few weeks before last year's series ... oh, wait ...
Local rivalries more important than the odd meaningless international?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Australian state sides wouldn't do it, IMO. They've shown over the past ten years that there is generally a lack of interest for imports, aside from T20, and if they ever have imports they see it as important to have them for a whole season.

Blog it for six

Cricket Spectator
Haha. Indeed! Turned out in England's favour in the end as we discovered his fear of the short ball and his confidence was shattered.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Form dip coincides with Pietersen being sacked as captain and struggling with various injuries over the last 18 months, his kid being born is almost irrelevant.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Actually the nipper being born coincided with his best (only?) run of form over the last 18 months at the T20 WC.

Needs more children, obvz.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Actually the nipper being born coincided with his best (only?) run of form over the last 18 months at the T20 WC.

Needs more children, obvz.
Was in pretty decent nick in the T20 series we played against Pakistan, though I can't remember whether that preceeded the tour to Bangladesh or not.