• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree with you. People can learn from their own mistakes and be better people. It's unfair not to give give a second chance.
Yeah, that's why we let murderers off if it's their first time.

Seriously, these guys have done the worst thing that any cricketer can do. They need to be banned.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Punishment's aim should not be revenge on part of the state it should be to make someone a better person. you have the right to disagree but my thinking is different about what should be the goal of any punishment.
It's not necessarily revenge, but justice. They've effectively committed the worst offense in cricket and need to be punished accordingly. Furthermore, it's also the importance of setting precedent as well.

Sir Alex

Banned
Yeah, that's why we let murderers off if it's their first time.

Seriously, these guys have done the worst thing that any cricketer can do. They need to be banned.
don't equate this to murder...man's love for money is not same as man's love for killing.

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Shall we change the tone and actually talk about the T20I coming up now since well, there's blomming 5 topics about the scandal?

Speaking of the T20I, England I think are going to go right at them and wreck them, then precede to turn them over so they can wreck them on the other side. I think England's going to prove why they won the T20 WC today and in emphatic fashion.

tombarlow123

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Shall we change the tone and actually talk about the T20I coming up now since well, there's blomming 5 topics about the scandal?

Speaking of the T20I, England I think are going to go right at them and wreck them, then precede to turn them over so they can wreck them on the other side. I think England's going to prove why they won the T20 WC today and in emphatic fashion.
I wouldn't get too confident...

...but, yeah, anything other than an England win seems difficult to predict...

Shri

Mr. Glass
Lol gradually becoming a fan of Stuart Broad over the past few days. Chic has a sense of humor tstl. Going to ask him how he deals with the gay jokes on his twitter.:p

tombarlow123

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Lol gradually becoming a fan of Stuart Broad over the past few days. Chic has a sense of humor tstl. Going to ask him how he deals with the gay jokes on his twitter.:p
You do realise thats not Broady, don't you? Its just some gay fanboy. Pretty funny though.

The_roc

U19 Captain
Latest gem of wisdom to come out of the Pakistan camp. The players get their match fee in cash from the PCB, Apparently lots of the players come from rural communities with no access to a bank.

I guess if you were the suspicious type you could think of a different reason for dealing in cash?

Spark

Global Moderator
Oh wow... so you can fly all around the world and stay in well-to-do hotels, but dear me it's much too highbrow to have a bank account. Not to mention that even if you don't have a bank account, it's still pretty epic moronic to be lugging about bags of cash everywhere you go.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
What's harder to explain is how the numbers on the bank notes given by the NOTW to Majeed match the numbers on the notes found in the players' possession.