• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't understand why people even bother attempting a discussion with this aussie guy.

He seems completely incapable of making any sort of relevent point; has some strange views on things; and he tends to get his facts wrong. (like my previous point about Kieswetter, whose "solid base" clearly didn't stop him getting his stumps murdered every time, did it?).

I have nothing more to say on the matter.
Well said.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I don't understand why people even bother attempting a discussion with this aussie guy.

He seems completely incapable of making any sort of relevent point; has some strange views on things; and he tends to get his facts wrong. (like my previous point about Kieswetter, whose "solid base" clearly didn't stop him getting his stumps murdered every time, did it?).

I have nothing more to say on the matter.
Ignorning the usual boring CW personal attacks for a minute. I shall go into the cricketening parts of this drivel argument. This is what you said:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i always thought Kieswetter's problem was that he moved his feet too much and swung too hard, never having a solid base. Surely that would mean he's pretty much the opposite of Trescothick?

me said:
Well no actually my friend.

Kieswetter does actually have a solid base when the bowler is coming into bowl. But his front foes goes nowhere & it doesn't move across to cover his off-stump. His off & part of his middle-stump is left exposed, making him very vulenerable to bowlers who bowl good inswingers - which the AUS bowlers attacked well in the ODI series earlier this summer.
Now you are telling me i have my facts wrong. If anyone else here agrees with your POV that Kieswetter moves his feet too much when facing bowlers, instead of indeed have a solid base when facing bowlers. Then you who whoever else agrees has definately been watching a different Craig Kieswetter.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Well once Asif and Amir get their life bans you're gonna need someone like him. :ph34r:
Yeah i know you would pray for that as they were about to end the careers of most top order English and Aussie batsmen.

Anyways, please don't test my patience with these harsh speculations.

FBU

International Debutant
Headline on the ITV News:

"How did the cash end up in the Pakistan captain's bag?"
If Butt didn't give any money to Asif and Aamer, say he hadn't got around to it or was keeping it for them, would Asif and Aamer be guilty? Do they need to have received the money or can they just be guilty by bowling the no balls to order?

taipan1

U19 12th Man
If Butt didn't give any money to Asif and Aamer, say he hadn't got around to it or was keeping it for them, would Asif and Aamer be guilty? Do they need to have received the money or can they just be guilty by bowling the no balls to order?

Um, if you take on a hit and don't get paid, are you guilty of murder?

tombarlow123

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yeah i know you would pray for that as they were about to end the careers of most top order English and Aussie batsmen.

Anyways, please don't test my patience with these harsh speculations.
Wow. I was expecting people to see the tongue-in-cheek nature of my post. Obviously I was wrong about that expectation.

This is interesting. Apparantly Yasir Hameed, because he did not go to the ICC about being approached by bookmakers, has breached the terms of the Anti-Corruption Code of Conduct. Hope they don't punish him, seems a bit ironic to punish someone for not accepting money from bookmakers; what kind of example does that set???:wacko:

Faisal1985

Wow. I was expecting people to see the tongue-in-cheek nature of my post. Obviously I was wrong about that expectation.

This is interesting. Apparantly Yasir Hameed, because he did not go to the ICC about being approached by bookmakers, has breached the terms of the Anti-Corruption Code of Conduct. Hope they don't punish him, seems a bit ironic to punish someone for not accepting money from bookmakers; what kind of example does that set???:wacko:
My emotions about cricket for the past couple of weeks have been undecipherable even by myself....

I think Hameed should be at least fined for not reporting the incident. If he would have reported the incident this may have triggered the investigation a bit early and may be just may be Amir would have had a wake up call....i don't know..i am just not in the position to see a life ban on Amir....punishment's aim has to be rehabilitation and i am more then certain that given a chance Amir will know better next time. However, we have seen Asif in the past and i would like to see the harshest of penalty on him. Salman Butt was the captain of the side he should also be treated like Asif...because Amir is young and given that this is his first crime he shouldn't be banned for life.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah I'd like to see Asif banned for life. Well, I wouldn't like to see him banned at all because he is potentially a great, great bowler who had so much to offer, but anything other than a life-time ban would be a cop-out considering his previous misdemeanours.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
My emotions about cricket for the past couple of weeks have been undecipherable even by myself....

I think Hameed should be at least fined for not reporting the incident. If he would have reported the incident this may have triggered the investigation a bit early and may be just may be Amir would have had a wake up call....i don't know..i am just not in the position to see a life ban on Amir....punishment's aim has to be rehabilitation and i am more then certain that given a chance Amir will know better next time. However, we have seen Asif in the past and i would like to see the harshest of penalty on him. Salman Butt was the captain of the side he should also be treated like Asif...because Amir is young and given that this is his first crime he shouldn't be banned for life.
I'm sorry but I completely disagree in these circumstances. Punishment is not only for the crime itself but future prevention.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

I'm sorry but I completely disagree in these circumstances. Punishment is not only for the crime itself but future prevention.
Punishment's aim should not be revenge on part of the state it should be to make someone a better person. you have the right to disagree but my thinking is different about what should be the goal of any punishment.

akilana

International 12th Man
Punishment's aim should not be revenge on part of the state it should be to make someone a better person. you have the right to disagree but my thinking is different about what should be the goal of any punishment.
I agree with you. People can learn from their own mistakes and be better people. It's unfair not to give give a second chance.