• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Aamer Situation

If found guilty, Aamer should be banned for:

• Total voters

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Exactly. Besides, opportunities to play international cricket are limited. For every match Amir plays in the future, another Pakistani cricketer- who did nothing wrong- will miss out on an opportunity to represent his country at his expense. That's just a bit sick, really.

I'd be in favour of leniency with regards to the legal aspect of this case. But I can't see how it would be tenable for a cricketing board to employ such players again.
This is the PCB we're talking about here.

Sir Alex

Banned
**** **** **** Amir. Why you of all had to do it you ****ing idiot. I'd have skipped a meal a day if you needed money that bad. What a ****ing tragedy yaar. :(

kingkallis

International Coach
It saddens to see such a talent going wasted, reminds me of Akhtar! Or maybe this kid is way too immature to do it?

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
**** **** **** Amir. Why you of all had to do it you ****ing idiot. I'd have skipped a meal a day if you needed money that bad. What a ****ing tragedy yaar. :(
I know man. I could have easily managed without Butt and Asif if they were to get banned. I am just praying they go easy on Amir if found guilty of wrong doing.

Any reports of what happened after the police investigation today?

slowfinger

International Debutant
Just ban all of them forever tbh. I can't be bothered bothering for cheaters... Even if he is young and talented. What is the point lettingg him off knowing he'll do it again? ICC isn't his mom saying "I'll give you another chance if you promise to behave" now is it?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I know man. I could have easily managed without Butt and Asif if they were to get banned. I am just praying they go easy on Amir if found guilty of wrong doing.

Any reports of what happened after the police investigation today?
errr why should they?

Frankly disturbing that some posters here want him to get off lightly because he's a young talent.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Frankly disturbing that some posters here want him to get off lightly because he's a young talent.
Seems to me pretty rational to think leniency to be appropriate in his case

(1) because his youth is quite obviously a mitigating factor,

(2) because his youth means a life ban would in reality be a longer sentence than for a player nearer the end of his career, and

(3) because his outstanding talent means that he (not to mention the cricket world) has so much more to lose if he's banned for life.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Should be getting a lengthy ban I reckon, ofcourse if all those years back had actions had been taken against the Wasim's and and Moin's this may not have happened and a promising career may not have been destroyed but I guess you have to make a start some where.If we go easy on Aamer now few years later we will have another Aamer repeating the offence.